Premmie Pic of "My Baby" and Lyrics

by LyinEyes 6 Replies latest jw friends

• LyinEyes
  • layla
    layla

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! It must feel WONDERFUL!!!!

• Searchin50
    Searchin50

Oh how precious,just beautiful.

Wishing you all the best !!!!!!!!

Searchin50

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I am sorry to not finish this post, but this picture is 8 yrs old, He was born 2 months early,and I always talk about this, so I thought I would post a pic from way back then. This is actually two months after he was born, she is is alot bigger than his early pics.

He's come a long way baby. He is now an active , healthy 8 yr old boy.

I wanted to post the lyrics to the song........."The Baby" by Blake Sheldon and I have lost them....... still looking for them.

Ok This is the only thing I could find on this song, it has the cords in it so excuse that, if it is hard to read......... my little son Chance the one in the picture loves to listen to this song with me, hejust hugs my neck when I cry...

My brother said that I, was rotten to the core.
    D D/F# G Em7 A
    I was the youngest child, so I got by with more.
    D D/F# G A D
    I guess she was tired by, the time I came along.
    D D/F# G Em7 A
    She'd laugh until she cried, I could do no wrong.
    Em7 A D
    She would always save me, because I was her baby.

Bm G
    I worked a factory in Ohio, a shrimp boat in the Bayou,
    D A
    I drove a truck in Birmingham.
    Bm G
    Turned 21 in Cincinnati,I called home to mom and daddy,
    D A
    I said "Your boy is now a man."
    Em7 A D
    She said "I don't care if you're 80, you'll always be my baby."

D D/F# G A D
    She loved that photograph, of our whole family.
    D D/F# G Em7 A
    She'd always point us out, for all her friends to see.
    D D/F# G A D
    That's Greg he's doing great, he really loves his job.
    D D/F# G Em7 A
    And Ronnie with his 2 kids, how 'bout that wife he's got.
    Em7 A D
    And that one's kinda crazy, but that one is my baby.

Bm G
    I got a call in Alabama, said come on home to Louisianna
    D A
    and come as fast as you can fly.
    Bm G
    Cause your momma really needs you, and says she's got to see you,
    D A
    she might not make it through the night.
    Em7 A D
    The whole way I drove 80, so she could see her baby.

Bm G
    She looked like she was sleepin' and my family had been weepin'
    D A
    by the time that I got to her side.
    Bm G
    And I knew that she'd been taken, and my heart it was breakin',
    D A
    I never got to say goodbye.
    Em7 A STOP Play Outro
    I softly kissed that lady, and cried just like a baby.

OUTRO
    STRUM ONCE D------(000232)
    STRUM ONCE Dsus---(000233)
    STRUM TWICE Em7----(020033)

Edited by - LyinEyes on 20 January 2003 21:0:48

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

whew, I'm glad you came back on and clarified that, I've been on since Aug and had never seen you post being pregnant this year. For a minute I thought I had been missing something.

• ugg
    ugg

oh shit,,,,now i want to have a baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sigh.....my baby is 29 years old....she was 8lbs..10 1/2 ounces,,,,21" long...ruby red lips....she is my world yet today....i do so love her....

one of the saddest days of my life was when she got her first apartment,,,she was so excited and i was heart broken....i did not have the mental ability to "help" her move,,,but..i did hold the door open....my heart gets crushed just thinking about it...

you get one chance with your kids lyineyes,,,,,everyday that passes,,,is a day you cannot get back.

kids are my weakness,,can you tell??????? now...go tell your kids how wonderful they are...

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Oh Ugg, that was so sweet. I do tell my kids everyday how much I love them, how special they are, they probably think they are royalty or something close.

I guess losing someone so close to me, my own mother , at an early age, has made me treasure each day with my family. I think it has made me a little overprotective , a little too easy on them at times, a little too hard on them at times also. There is not a day that goes by that I don't think , that this could be our last day together, so never go off angry. I learned the hard way , sometimes the thing you said last ,,,,,,,,,, is the thing you said last and you can never change it.

But honestly, I am glad I am that way, at least my kids will have words, memories , journals, even personal letters I have written to them, if I should die young. I know I don't have alot of memories of things my mom said to me, and the things she did say and do, I really have found them echoing in my mind when I needed her words the most.

It is funny, My oldest son was 7lbs 13 oz,,,,,,,,,and my second, my daughter was a big girl , she was 8lb 2oz and they say if my youngest would have went to term he would have been over 9 lbs, because he was long and was one of the bigger babies in the NICU..... weighing in at a whopping 2 lbs.

Hugs to you Ugg,,,,,,,, I have some journal writing to do now.............love ya , Dede

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit