This site mentioned in California paper

by dannyboy 6 Replies latest social current

• dannyboy
    dannyboy

Hi All,

This website has received a brief but favorable mention in the Sacramento, California "Bee" in an article about the Bryant tragedy (in Oregon). The Bryants had lived in the Sacramento area, hence the paper's interest.

Here's a link to the on-line story:

http://www.sacbee.com/content/news/story/5910603p-6873017c.html

And a brief quote:

The tragedy has resonated throughout the ex-Jehovah's Witnesses community and been a topic on busy Web sites that deal with problems of former members, including www.Jehovahs-Witness.com .

---Dan

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

DannyBoy,

Thanks for sharing this link with everyone. What a painful and touching story. Good news coverage, I thought. Nice to have someone like Sharon Roe in the world to tell the story.

An ugly little peek inside the annals of jw-ism. . .

ESTEE

• dannyboy
    dannyboy

Estee,

Yes a painful and tragic story.

I thought it was interesting that Simon's website here is mentioned. There are thousands of Witnesses in the Sacramento area, and I'm just hoping some will be curious enough to look around here.

---Dan

• SloBoy
    SloBoy

Dannyboy,

Thanks for the article. I'm sure it is receiving a lot of coverage in that large metro area. We are close to Placerville and will try to make the memorial.

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

Thanks for the link DannyBoy,

Sad what depths of despair some people drop to isn't it?

Why couldn't he just take his own life? Not the wife and kiddies too?

• dannyboy
    dannyboy

There is at least one other thread that discusses the substance of the Bryant tragedy and the effect on the survivors and other loved ones.

My reason for posting this thread is to call attention to the mention of this website. I think that's a big deal whenever it happens. To be mentioned in the "mainstream" press is good in that it's publicity of the fact that there are ex-Witnesses, who have opinions and viewpoints that just may strike a chord with sincere current Witnesses.

Most Jehovah's Witnesses have no grasp of the degree to which they receive "filtered" information about their own organization, its history, and questions about doctrine. As has been eloquently discussed many times around here, that isolationist living is not good for Witnesses, and they can benefit from the information here and at other places on the internet. So I'm glad for the publicity in the hope it will help others.

---Dan

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

goodpost dannyboon,

thanks, unc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit