Relevant Poetry

by Garrett 8 Replies latest social entertainment

• Garrett
    Garrett
    he was down on the floor with his lips to a glass Said he dreamed of a future that won't come to pass That he once strived to excel in a world so vast But why run a race when it's rigged and he's fixed in last Then he mused over life is a joke and he laughed That it is what it is and he's thankful for all that he has I said well let me just pose one question and ask If you just want what you have, then why are are you sad She was tripping on something that was laced in her tea And she was high as a kite when she said she could see Said we in the land of the free but no freedom grows And if we in a brave new world where'd the brave all go I said, hell if I know Then she told me that the problem is the society Everybody crippled by anxiety No one is the person that they try to be Then she said, what we need are a few with a view that can bring a change through That we need less talk and more do So I said to her, what about you I was listening to someone give a speech Something 'bout the knowledge of enlightenment he reached And as my eyes glazed over in my seat He approached and he asked if he could challenge my beliefs I said by all means have at it Then he talked about the suffering and source of bad habits How the emptying of mind is the challenge And withdrawing from the world is the cure to all sadness I said that all sounds like madness Why have a life and then not be alive Why have a mind and then choose to be blind What you call wisdom is the fear that you hide You cannot retreat from those demons inside This is not peace, it's a mask you adorn This is not truth, it's a trap, nothing more And you're too busy running from something you can't ignore
  • compound complex
    compound complex

Continue writing, Garrett.

I hope to exchange more words with you at a future time. These are acutely sharp, penetrating thoughts that you have intelligently framed.

Thank you.

Best regards.

CoCo

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Relevant poetry I don't understand

Relevant poetry isn't it grand

Relevant poetry screams in the night

Relevant poetry gave me a fright

Relevant poetry falls from the sky

Relevant poetry told me a lie

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    I prefer haiku myself, only becaue my neanderthal brain likes very short poems.
  • OverlappingGeneralizations
    OverlappingGeneralizations
    Haiku?

The "truth" is a sham
    How did all those years slip away
    How was I so blind

I prefer Limericks-

There once was a man named Tony,
    Who hates pants that squeeze mens' bologna
    He chose now to outline?
    With every witness online?!
    It was then I realized it's all phony

I was shocked by the Royal Commission
    To see all of the dirt they were dishin'
    But then who knew,
    that it would all be found true
    That 'twas for boys that weren't men they were fishin'

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Hear the monkey scream

grape juice from vending machine

gulping sweetly down

calm night on the road

a vision among the stars

U F O hovers

now we need some limericks but I'm not sure CoCo will find this relevant

• compound complex
    compound complex

Oh, Nancy, it's revelant!

CC

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

There once was a woman who did pray

But things never seemed to go her way

So she stopped all that stuff

And with god she got tuff

And the skies are not cloudy or gray

CoCo I can't resist I'm like a kid in a playground and this is the entertainment section

• OverlappingGeneralizations
    OverlappingGeneralizations

"The truth" is what witnesses call it

The watchtower? Crumple and ball it.

Open your mind

and soon you will find

All they want is what's inside your wallet

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit