MAINE

by RAYZORBLADE 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

I sure got around, didn't I?

Anyone know people from the state of Maine? or knew people from Maine?

I knew people from Presque Isle, Caribou, Houlton, Calais, Bangor, Augusta and Sanford, Maine.

Wonder if anyone knew JWs from there? I'm talking: 1981-83.

Presque Isle and Augusta, were areas where I knew more Witnesses.

Always curious, and always hopeful, that someone, somewhere there...got out!

Thanks!

• DocBob
    DocBob

I was in the Kittery, Maine and Portsmouth NH congregations from 1973-1996. I knew people from Kittery to Augusta.

• zanex
    zanex

portland maine from 79'-89ish..names of sanfino, buck, bracklow, fox, bisson do anythin for ya? these were a bunch of people I hung with...last names that is..

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Thanks for posting DocBob & Zanex.

Well, Augusta, I remember one family in particular: The Browns. I was good friends with Alan Brown. His sister married a man from Aroostook Co., and the older brother was in Bethel. There were a few other people I met. Some of the names are vague, as it has been so long ago. But the surname: Buck, does sound awfully familiar.

Sanford: Canfield

Bangor: Duchaine (probably spelt it wrong)

Thanks for mentioning the names Zanex, that was decent of you. Doc Bob, I'm sure the names I posted, (?) might ring a bell. We'll see who else posts, this could prove to be quite interesting.

• DocBob
    DocBob

Zanex, I remember these well:

Frank Sanfino - big shot assembly overseer. Around 1995, if I remember correctly, he did something that got him bounced from that position and he was removed from being an elder. I don't know what it was, but a friend of my wife's said to her "You don't even want to know!" - I do want to know :)

Alan Buck - Good guy as I remember. I worked with him at the district conventions in the attendant dept. I used to kid with him, calling him "Uncle Buck."

Manfred (never "Manny") Bracklow - The ultimate sound system geek. He knew acoustics better than anyone I ever met. He worked out a program that would layout speaker locations based on the size and shape of an auditorium.

Fox & Bisson are familiar, but I can't place first names with them at the moment.

Rayzorblade - Alan Brown sounds familiar, but I can't place him.

I also knew two of the elders named in the suit against the WTS in the Ryan Rees case in Augusta. Larry Baker molested Ryan Rees after Baker had already been dealt with by the elders on a previous case of molestation. Rees sued, saying that the WTS and the elder had failed to protect him from Baker. Bob Wells and Pat LaBreck were named in the suit. Bob was high up in the assembly organizations and I worked with Pat in accounting at the circuit assemblies in my later years.

So many people - such a waste

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Hey Doc Bob, thanks for getting back to me.

Alan Brown, he was in one of the Augusta congregations, I forget right now. He had a sister named Laurie. The older brother was in Bethel, but I cannot remember his name.

His step-father was an elder I believe with high status. His mother, was a sister and was active.

I remember the case about the Augusta congregation in question. Freaky!

Does the name: Chambers, or Ciesielski ring a bell (Kennebunk, Biddeford)?

The names are coming back.

Alan Brown and I were very close at one time. But I understand he's married now, and one xjw woman I met on-line some time ago, pretty much mentioned he's not particularly happy. Oh well.

Thanks DocBob.

• zanex
    zanex

docbob: LOL DAMN that was funny...I was in the same cong with the sanfino, buck, and bracklow clan...ahh memories...yah sanfino got bounced a while later after I left maine..his son tim and scott both studied with me for a short time..fox would be a guy named terry fox..easy going guy..had a bunch of daughters and a son that nobody ever really saw...yah manfred was a sound man..lol funny thing too, his wife was a interpreter at the meetings for the deaf..lol what does the name sedano do for ya? If anythin...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit