my daughters first party

by DIAMOND 4 Replies latest jw friends

• DIAMOND
    DIAMOND

I believe as witnesses we lie to our children and have our children lie to themselves. The biggest example is that "I don't miss celebrating xmas because I get gifts all year long." Or "I don't have birthday parties because I can have a party whenever I want for no reason at all." Well this is just bull. This never happened to me when I was a child but it sounded good.

Anyway tomorrow (Mon), I'm letting my 9 year old daughter have a party. No gifts and no boys. (I"m to old to go to jail for killing someones son because he wants to play...I'll show you mine if you show me yours). But I digress.

We are having a party with all her "worldly friends" and a few witnesses. I asked her what time she wanted to start the party and she said 10am (What was I thinking asking that question). And since school is out on Tuesday and all the kids live in the neighborhood the party won't end unitl midnight I'm sure. But it will be something special for her and she is very excited. Even her mother is down for it. Even though she is a dub she knows the kids get left out when it comes to this. Slowly but surely I'm bringing her over to the dark side.

It should be a good time for all. This is just the first of many.

Diamond

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Hope your daughter and family have a wonderful time. Enjoy!

• Latte
    Latte

DIAMOND,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR DAUGHTER!!

Actually, it's also my daughters birthday this month (9yrs) The JW reason's for not allowing birthdays is utter garbage, I really believe that if they thought it wouldn't stumble too many....they would scrap this silly rule!

The biggest example is that "I don't miss celebrating xmas because I get gifts all year long." Or "I don't have birthday parties because I can have a party whenever I want for no reason at all." Well this is just bull. This never happened to me when I was a child but it sounded good.

So true!! I think that giving and recieving is a really good lesson to learn.

Latte

• Mum
    Mum

That's wonderful news! I like to see kids enjoy normal activities. Everyone needs to be the center of attention once in a while.

Have a great time!

SandraC

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Have fun!!! This was the first year we celebrated our 9-year-old's birthday - we did it quietly (until the waiters sang to her) at her favorite restaurant, and then a couple of days later she attended her first Official Birthday Party, for a school friend. Well, that's broken the ice, and our 6-year-old has wonderfully greedy plans for his 7th birthday in March. I believe we're going to do Chuck E. Cheese's because that's less wear and tear on the house (and, thusly, me). THIS IS FUN!!!!!

Nina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit