If she doesn't comply an orange jumpsuit is in her future

by DJS 508 Replies latest social current

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Why does the gay advocacy group bother you so? - it doesn't. It's lack of perspective that bothers me.

I'm not saying gay couples should be happy that some xtian bible-thumper has refused to marry them or that their JW family shuns them. I just thought it needed stating that people from other countries treat gay couples much, much worse than some 'Murican rednecks do, and that their justice system often supports them.

what is it that makes you think that perspective is needed? - really?! In Iran, gays are hanged. In Syria/Iraq, gays are thrown off the highest local building to their deaths. Both Saudi Arabia and North Korea officially have zero gay citizens (obviously BS).

Or are you suggesting that SCOTUS over-reacted when they made gay marriage legal? - of course not.

That hate-spewing x-tians and politicos cause immeasurable harm should be ignored, honored?? - of course not.

this isn’t one of them. It ranks as one of the worst by any member - sheer hyperbole, and a departure from your usual excellent comments.

• DJS
    DJS

LUHE,

Thank you for the clarification. As for me using hyperbole and exaggeration for dramatic effect. Well, duh.

The only other thing I would say about the efforts of the action groups are: a. You can only do what you can do and you should focus your efforts where they can be most effective; and b. Like Wes Craven (recently passed, bless his mortal soul) and others have shown us over and over. And over. If you don't kill Michael Myers, Jason Voorheeves and Freddie Krueger completely, they will come back to haunt you. You must make certain they aren't merely dead, that they are really and sincerely dead.

Fundie hatred is a disease; leaving even a small bit of it around to infect others will cause bad things to happen.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

DJS

Thanks for your reply.

You can only do what you can do and you should focus your efforts where they can be most effective - good comment, I agree with this.

Fundie hatred is a disease; leaving even a small bit of it around to infect others will cause bad things to happen - ditto.

For the record I believe gay people deserve the option of marriage as much as heterosexual people.

I think what p1sses me off most is that the outrage which is present, say, after some people refer to members of the minority under discussion using an outdated term (at present, is it 'gays' or 'homosexuals' which is 'correct'?), is sometimes absent when foreign people dangle gays from cranes. To me this suggests that racism trumps homophobia ...

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Apparently she wants to see just how far she will be allowed to refuse to do her job until law enforcement eventually steps in

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/same-sex-marriage-kentucky-clerk-defies-supreme-court-turns-down-n419351

LRG

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    When i saw the thread tittle i thought you were refering to hillary...
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Ten bucks says she's trying to "martyr" herself for her cause.
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Good point, Vidiot.

I agree with JWDaughter & Zoos. I think this woman is in the wrong job - and she probably knows it.

She should definitely be sacked, but face criminal charges? I'm not so sure - this may give her the martyrdom that Vidiot suggests.

• kaik
    kaik

She is not forced by the government to conduct gay marriage ceremony. Her sole responsibility is to conduct federal, state, and county obligation as an elected official and county clerk. Whatever she believes, is irrelevant as she is in a public position and she is required to conduct her duties accordingly. If she cannot uphold elected duties, she should resign. She is absolutely no in authority to enforce her misguided religious beliefs in public office. She should be removed from office and jailed for contempt of court, which will happen.

This four time married, glutton is cherry picking her biblical reasoning. If she is thorough with her Christian faith, she should demand to be stoned for adultery.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Let's see if Kim Davis knows how to apply this scripture about Naaman to herself. Naaman was forced to do something he didn't want to but God understood.

18 But may the Lord forgive your servant for this one thing: When my master enters the temple of Rimmon to bow down and he is leaning on my arm and I have to bow there also—when I bow down in the temple of Rimmon, may the Lord forgive your servant for this.”

19 “Go in peace,” Elisha said.

2 Kings 5:18-19 New International Version

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    "If she doesn't comply..." DJS

Maybe yeah or maybe no. She claims that it is on religious basis. Seems that she is not doing her job but that depends on the terms she agreed to when she was put in that position and other things. Seems that they cannot or do not want to relieve/replace her.

I think, that eventually, if she still refuses to issue same sex marriage licenses, she will either be given a reasonable accomodation or a pink slip. -But not an orange jumpsuit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit