If she doesn't comply an orange jumpsuit is in her future

by DJS 508 Replies latest social current

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I agree with Morpheus - I can't believe this thread is still going.

A silly, bigoted woman was threatened with jail for refusing to record gay marriages. She pig-headedly didn't back down, so was jailed. End of.

I'm glad she lost her job but jailing her gives this oxygen thief attention, attention she doesn't deserve.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

LoveUNiHateExams. " I can't believe this thread is still going on...."

This thread to me is about tolerance, and this " silly bigoted" woman and her supporters anti attitude towards gay marriage, makes the world a less loving place.

I hope this thread goes on and on, until that message is understood.

The Rebel.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Its also curious that some are saying the jusge attacksd a religious belief... Really? Shes no longer allowed to disaprove of gays?she wasnt jailed for a belief. She was jailed for not Doing her job.

She is allowed to believing eating a pork is a sin. However she can not have a job at a barbecue place and refuse to serve pork and expect to keep her job. She is free to keep her belief and get another job if serving pork offends her. She is free to let people make their own decisions and deal with her gods consequences. Her own apostle paul said, at romans 14:4

What right do you have to criticize someone else’s servants? Only their Lord can decide if they are doing right, and the Lord will make sure that they do right.

She is under no obligation to male sure others dont eat pork. Its their choice, their consequences.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

One reason that I support her is that gays came down from Ohio to that county just to cause trouble. If they just cared about their marriage, just go to a state that allows SS unions. Afterall, what is the purpose of state's rights if not for states to make their own rules to see how they work. Some states have legalized marijuana contrary to the federal law. The feds are playing hands off of that.

If due process is the excuse that the SCOTUS used, then why did an amendment to the constitution have to be made to give women the right to vote? Couldn't they use due process for equal rights? Whatever happened to the equal rights amendment? I'm in favor of amending the constitution rather than interpreting it in screwball ways.

Back to the states rights issue. One thing that the court said that if a SS marriage is legalized in a state then it has to be recognized in all states. That makes sense. The same with driver's licenses and insurance policies. But recognition is different from issuing licenses.

I agreed with the Court in Lawrence v Texas when they ruled that laws prohibiting homosexual acts between consenting adults are unconstitutional, because the government has no place regulating acts between consenting adults in their home. That is a penal law and they have jurisdiction on that.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

CEV. " Only the Lord can decide"

Well let me ask you something. Do you think the Christians arguing this have been in prayer, and received an answer from the Lord?

If so then did God answer ?

" Oh yea she is right and " Gay" marriage" it's discusting"

I think the Christians campaigning outside the court house saying it's sodomy miss the point. This is about the right for " Gay Marriage" and " LOVE" between two people.

As for what goes on in the marriage bed, I really don't think that is our business. I also think it's pretty presumptuous to be a Christian, and think God doesn't approve of something beautiful and pleasant because of interpreting a piece of paper in a book.

Anyway my point is about love and acceptance. I believe using people in shabby rooms for sex without love, is sad. But for some shabby room sex is all some will have. (syphilis,gonorrehea, the clap)

Christians do you think is this is better and holier than gay marriage?

Am I right in thinking you opposers would raise your children,but not love and accept them if they are Gay?

Some people need and are just lucky to find a soul mate?

The Rebel.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

this " silly bigoted" woman and her supporters anti attitude towards gay marriage, makes the world a less loving place

But, there will, unfortunately, always be homophobic people, correct? They should be suitably punished if they can't keep their bigotry to themselves. This woman refused to do her job, despite being warned, and has now left it - good. But jailing homophobic Christian retards gives them the persecution they crave. IMO it's much better to ignore them, where possible.

This thread to me is about tolerance - I'm not so sure about that. I joined this thread asking for people to keep a sense of perspective and got ridiculously down-voted.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    The law cannot legislate belief nor attitude, only conduct.
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

"One reason that I support her is that gays came down from Ohio to that county just to cause trouble. If they just cared about their marriage, just go to a state that allows SS unions. "

I can understand that. There is a certain "in your face" element to the way some have carried on in the wake of the SC decision. Even DJS and VIV, two posters i like and enjoy chatting with, have admitted to gleefully gloating and cheering the jailing of this dilly woman in the same sort of "in your face" spirit... but in the end, so what? If they purposely came to her jurisdiction to get their marriage licenses, she could have chosen to be the bigger person, roll her eyes and issue them. Wish them a good day and tell them to move along. instead she choose to insinuate herself into the political realm on her job, to make commentary instead of adhering to the law and doing her duty. if its that big an issue, take a principled stand and resign. thats courageous. thats being a martyr for the cause. I could respect that. what i can't respect is being against people eating pork and then having a job at a barbecue joint and refusing to serve me pork because you don't want me to eat it.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

LoveUnHate Exams:- " I joined this thread asking for people to keep a sence of perspective and got ridiculously down-voted"

I think thumbs up or down are often given in a rather amusing fashion, ( See my post on "Won't get fooled again...did man land on the moon"

More often I noted my "thumbs down" were because I didn't articulate my point, and therefore my point was then ridiculed . However nobody was sent to jail, and my thread was therefore people beating themselfs over the head with a brick, because my points weren't qualified.

I believe this thread is qualified,and if you get thumbs down why worry about it? At least you put your thoughts forward...I respect that.

But this thread is to me about the old world falling apart, and a new world of tolerance. It's about banning the confederate flag and it's not what the " Supreme Court" says is right. It's about a governments and peoples lack of freedom and tolerance.

This thread is about NON-freedom and intolerance, and what we were taught to approve as right from wrong . If the Gay Marriage thing has no chance then I have my own lawn to moe, and my own kid to bring up....

The Rebel.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

if you get thumbs down why worry about it? At least you put your thoughts forward - I'm certainly not worried about it, and am glad this forum gives everyone a chance to express themselves. It's just that the amount of negative votes I unanimously received merely for asking for perspective might be a window into peoples' attitudes.

a new world of tolerance - people who make careers out of fighting bigotry are more than capable of intolerant attitudes themselves. Peter Tatchell springs to mind ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit