If she doesn't comply an orange jumpsuit is in her future

by DJS 508 Replies latest social current

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

Morpheus:

I really enjoy reading your posts. You're the epitome of a pragmatic thinker.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Thank you SSC, that gave a smile :)
  • talesin
    talesin

It's the FEMINISTS! They are all to blame!

JUST KIDDING, DJS!

i said this, in jest, hoping we can end the feud. Maybe years ago, we 'fought' about feminism, but that was then, and this is now.

It's not where I want to be, and hell, I have no beef with you.

xx

tal

• Viviane
    Viviane
    All she has to do is comply with the Court Order

She can do her job or resign her job. She has two option available to her to get out of jail.

You cannot jail Kim for refusing to issue a license for same-sex marriage on moral grounds, because she is an elected official, put in place by public choice as a protector of public interest, which means that her actions and opinions matter.

Well, clearly she can be jailed for failing to do her job and then failing to comply with the legal court orders. What does public opinion have to do with it?

• Viviane
    Viviane
    One reason that I support her is that gays came down from Ohio to that county just to cause trouble. If they just cared about their marriage, just go to a state that allows SS unions.

Or they could rally and make sure civil rights were applied fairly. If marriage is no big deal, why didn't the states all just allow it?

Afterall, what is the purpose of state's rights if not for states to make their own rules to see how they work.

States cannot have rights that violate a persons civil rights.

If due process is the excuse that the SCOTUS used, then why did an amendment to the constitution have to be made to give women the right to vote?

Why were slaves ever allowed if it was a bad thing? Why was Prohibition enacted? Why was the Dred Scott decision made? Different times, different courses of action were taken based on thinking at the time.

One thing that the court said that if a SS marriage is legalized in a state then it has to be recognized in all states. That makes sense. The same with driver's licenses and insurance policies. But recognition is different from issuing licenses.

What is the substantive difference? Go ahead and throw concealed carry licenses in there,

• Viviane
    Viviane
    If they purposely came to her jurisdiction to get their marriage licenses, she could have chosen to be the bigger person, roll her eyes and issue them

I'm going to have to disagree. "Doing your job" is not "being the bigger person", it simply doing your job.

• DJS
    DJS

Rat,

I've tried to ignore your lame-ality, but you just keep posting: "One reason that I support her is that gays came down from Ohio to that county just to cause trouble. If they just cared about their marriage, just go to a state that allows SS unions."

First, KY allows SS unions -they are called MARRIAGES just to make sure you understand the difference - just not Ms. Davis and a couple of other clerks who, if they continue violating the SCOTUS' interpretation of the Constitution, will join Ms. Davis soon in orange jumpsuits. And Rat, gay marriage is now the law of the land; there will continue to be those fighting it, just as there were those fighting it, including entire states and school districts, when many of the civil rights laws were passed. How did that work out for them??? They are long dead, thankfully, or have finally complied or at least STFU. Just as those haters and opposers will in time.

Second, x-tians also came down from Ohio to that county just to cause trouble. These same x-tians from the North have stood outside and harassed the gay couples seeking licenses. But you are clearly OK with that, right?

It seems so easy for you to label the gay supporters from Ohio as trouble makers but see the x-tian supporters of Ms. Davis as supporters. Hypocrite. You've added nothing to this other than a lame view from an Old White Male Perspective with a feigned attempt at Libertarian tolerance, but your prejudice is oozing out from between the lines.

But I'm glad this OP continues; if we had any doubt about the mental acuity and religion based backwardness of some of our members before this OP, we don't have such doubts anymore.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Well, clearly she can be jailed for failing to do her job

That is a lie. She was jailed for contempt.

• Viviane
    Viviane

Wrong, Fishperson, again. Part of her job is to follow lawful orders from the court. That's just another thing she is failing to do as part of her job.

Protip: You should try to know what your talking about before calling someone a liar. And know what a lie is.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Part of her job is to follow lawful orders from the court.

True, but she was not put in jail because obeying a Court Order is part of her job. She was put in jail because contempt of court is a crime and the judge decided to enforce the order upon application by the gay pair Plaintiffs who asked the judge to punish her.

It is still a lie that she was put in jail for not doing her job endorsing gay marriages.

I want to see law, not your mouth.

Show:

1} penalty for not doing her job as elected official in her case is jail

2) She is in jail for not doing her job.

By the way Viv. She has not been sentenced for not doing her job. She is being detained for willfully violating a Court Order.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/06/politics/kim-davis-kentucky-clerk-same-sex-marriage/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit