new kid on the site

by yecats 9 Replies latest jw friends

• yecats
    yecats

Hi

I just realized I've done this ass backwards, please excuse, I started reading posts in friends and personal experiences and replied to posts there without starting a new topic to introduce myself. So this post is to try to rectify that error. I have spent the last couple of days reading and posting to this site and another, to help get me through the death of my father a couple of days ago. You can read my posts about that if you want I won't go over it all again for those of you have already responded, you have been a source of great encouragement, and the, I am not alone thing has done wonders to calm my jagged nerves over the coming funeral tomorrow. I am not very familiar with chat rooms as this is my very first experience but I am really digging it. I guess this is a topic I can relate to and even though I have delt with this since I was 15 by myself, (that was 25 years ago) do to being the only rebel in a Big! family of jw's, I feel better then I have by just putting distance between us and them, that was the first smart move since leaving the org, and this is the second brillant thing I 've done in connecton with healing myself. So again Thank you to the all wise creator of this site, You are the king!

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

hello and welcome to the site Yecats, sorry to hear of the loss of your father.

the all wise creator here is - Simon.

• eby
    eby

Yecats,

I believe that I live in a nearby community of your family. Don't know the family well. There is another who posts to this board that may have been in your congregation. I will give him a heads- up.

eby

• Searchin50
    Searchin50

Hi Yecats & Welcome

Hope You enjoy your stay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Searchin50

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Hello Yecats,

Sorry to hear about your father's passing; hope this will be a place of solace and comfort.

• yecats
    yecats

Hi eby,

I was surprised to hear you may know my family. They live in Crown Point, Indiana and their name is Carrie and George Schut. I would like to hear from anyone that is familiar with that hall. Thanks for the response!

Stacey

• email
    email

Welcome to the board yecats...

Great to have you here... hope you can stick around

I am sorry about your loss.

• Beans
  • ugg
    ugg

it is nice to meet you,,,i wish it was under better circumstances!!!! deeply sorry to hear of your loss...(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( yecat )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

• Mac
    Mac

Hey there Stacy.......................long time no see! I,m truly happy to see you've found your way to this board. There are some good people here (of course there are also some like me......just ignore them!)! Oh, by the way, this is Brian(McMillan). I used to hang with your sister Wendy, Becky, Kim, Dave and Bob. I was the small, dark and handsome one.....lol! I talked to Dave last year so I know Bob's still "hanging" with Wendy.

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your dad. I'm also very saddened to hear about the way your family has decided to handle their relationship with you. It's abhorrent..... how this pathetic little religion has so negatively impacted the lives of so many families and friends.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you. You hang in there, okay? Again, my condolences and welcome.

mac

P.S. Thank's Eby, for the heads up!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit