EXACTLY Why JW's Are NOT Christian

by Perry 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

'I guess for a fundamentalist Christian that believes following their specific form of Christianity is essential for salvation, then it is essential for every JW to leave and convert to their fundamentalist viewpoint. I find such a concept simply offensive'

This sounds similar to your mother's belief as a JW, I think. However offensive you find it you feel it is better to stay a JW I would think.

I agree with you. I can think of someone who has lost a loved one and finds the resurrection hope that they have, having been raised as a JW a great comfort and I wouldn't want to cause that person any more distress by causing them to question their belief and maybe even to lose their belief in God and there are older people who have a lifetime of commitment and change can be very difficult.

On the other hand some years ago before I left the Witnesses I had a discussion with a sister (elders daughter) along the same lines as Perry's thread and whether she was covered by Christ's sacrifice.

I understand the New Covenant is the agreement between God and Man with Christ as mediator and those that were called Christians in the first century were in it and partook of the bread and the wine. I would think that in the first century a person wouldn't be viewed as a Christian ,when the term was first used, if they had a view like most JW but I could be wrong.

It's a bit like my father who believed that the generation that saw the events of 1914 would not pass away before the end came. I remember as a child him discussing it in the door to door witnessing. He would never grow old an die. Unfortunately that was not the case and he has been cremated. Although he believed he was assisting Christ's brothers in the preaching work as he understood them to be 'the mouthpiece of God' God didn't see fit to uphold his belief and he died. I find it doesn't inspire confidence in any other explanations that he may have had.

• Perry
    Perry
    My point is you cannot say JWs are not Christian on the basis that they have a different interpretation of the New Covenant than you.

JWF,

You are deliberately mischaracterizing the facts. I have already stated that what I personally think is of nor more consequence than what you or anyone else has to say except....Jesus. It is his words alone that determine if a person is a follower (Christian) or not. And, three times he stated to Nicodemus that a person must be "born again" . That is a fact. You cannot change that fact. It is not open to interpretation no matter how many times you say that it is.

Furthermore, the Watchtower states that only the 144K are "born again". That is also a fact that is not open to interpretation as you claim.

The New Covenant is simply the legal instrument that God uses to give a sinner who deserves death, a new spirit that cannot sin when he is "born again".

It has nothing to do with trying to follow Jesus as much or more than anyone else. You just don't personally see value in Jesus. And your personal values is what this is all about.

There is no benefit in people making ignorant claims that JWs are not Christian. It helps no one.

Thousands of people who were previously deceived into rejecting Jesus at each Memorial and now enjoy religious freedom will beg to differ.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    And, three times he stated to Nicodemus that a person must be "born again" . That is a fact. You cannot change that fact. It is not open to interpretation no matter how many times you say that it is.

And Christians cannot have long hair: l Corinthians 11:14

Christians cannot allow women to speak in the church: 1 Corinthians 14:34

Perry will deny breaching this command upon Christians but simply reading this forum, we will be able to see beyond his protests: Christians should not judge people. Judge not lest ye be judged: Matthew 7:1

We could get into how Jesus came to fulfill the law and not abolish it, but that it is still in force (Matthew 5:18-19) then we could add in prohibitions on tattoos and pork, marrying and having relations with your dead brother's wife, YADDA YADDA YADDA.

No people can do everything that the Bible commands, so people (like Perry and those he links to) interpret it and discard parts they don't find convenient.

JW's even address "born again" in their conversation stoppers. "If you mean by 'born again,' that you are YADDA YADDA YADDA." To some, it means "spiritually awake." Let me tell you, Perry. As an atheist who has done his research, I am born again.

• SimonSays
    SimonSays

An atheist view in attempting to explain Christendom, got to love it. Think that JW's are just a somewhat kooky brand of Christianity. Perry

Isn’t that exactly how Jesus was perceived by the Jewish nation by their own Pharisees distorting his mission thus lying about his role as the Messiah? Isn’t it the same way now?

They violate the New Covenant Jesus offered in Matt. 26: 27 & 28 (one way or another)
    the term "New Testament" literally means "New Contract" Perry

Since scripture is based mainly on parables and instructions, how do you illustrate it as literal?

Nine Scriptures reveal that Christ Jesus will do the judging; John 5:28, 29, Acts 10:42, Acts 17:31, Romans 14:9, 2 Cor. 5:10, 2 Tim. 4:1, 1 Pet. 4:5, Rev. 11:18 & 20:12. I'll leave it in his hands.

Romans 2:1 puts it very well; "You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things." The searcher

If you meet the same standards as Jesus, Then how can it be judgmental? God is making the judgement. What your suggesting is in place of accepting God’s judgement, it doesn’t matter if your classified a good or bad Christian God will accept you as you are. The bible would therefore have no meaning as stated by Perry literally since God Literally punished the wrong doers.

But in that endeavoring process they have identified themselves as false teachers and preachers of the Gospel of Christ Jesus. Finkelstein

If you were once a JW, then I guess you are speaking from experience of being a false teacher by not understanding Jesus Christ. So, now that you found this supposed TTATT, aren’t you still advocating false teaching?

The Bible is VERY clear Christians eat the bread and wine in remembrance to him. It IS the new convenient. It takes the place of Passover for Christians.

If you partake you are Christian.... if you don't you aren't. Little Socrates

By definition, how is it VERY CLEAR since Jesus own words were in remembrance of me, only the anointed class partook on the symbolic wine and bread. Are you suggesting that 1.2 billion Christians are of the anointed class? That would go contrary to bible teachings for the other sheep? In essence too many chiefs not enough Indians.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit