EXACTLY Why JW's Are NOT Christian

by Perry 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Perry
    Perry

Jesus Christ has always had people since the time of the apostles who experienced Salvation through faith in Christ alone. The heresy that we must be attached to the Watchtower to have friendship and salvation is an old false teaching, and one that has been unable to extinguish the light of truth, even if was only a dim flicker at times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx8PdvOELvY

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Perry my questions were not a long thread and video to research. My questions are:-

a) Why does starting a thread " EXACTLY WHY J.W,s ARE NOT CHRISTIAN" take so much " blah, blah, blah" ?

b) Is it possible you can answer in one sentence:-

1)" WHY" exactly are J.Ws not Christian?

2) " WHY" non " J.W " Christians are Christians?

3) would I be wrong in assuming " YOUR " God would think " YOUR" understanding of Christanality makes you a better person than I.

The Rebel.

• Half banana
    Half banana

I "liked" Opus dei's comment on the salad of beliefs in the first century.

I would say we should make a distinction between christianity, alias the historical christ cults before Jesus, and the Jesus christ-cult which was derived from them and became orthodox western Christianity under Roman patronage in the fourth century CE.

It was the Roman Christ cult which stuck the new name of a composite pagan and Hebrew saviour god-man "Jesus" to that role. This name, although it resembles half a dozen other names in a number of languages, has a common denominator in the Latinised symbol of the sun: the letters IHS, both in Hebrew and the the Greek. "Iasus" was one of the names assumed by initiates to the Dionysian christ cult well before Jesus. Remembering that in English, the letter "J" began as a capital "I". (This is just the tip of the iceberg on the pagan origins of Christianity and I will refrain here from going further!)

Perry you ask a good and reasonable question but you are only looking to an interpretation of the Bible for an answer, that is like digging for diamonds only in your back garden. The meanings and answers to problems of human culture and whether JWs are Christian are found much more readily and with greater certainty outside of the Bible.

Seen through an anthropological lens, JW are followers of Christ Jesus, hence they are Christian... and their religion comes from Adventism and before that protestantism, before that the Roman Catholic Church and before that the second century fusion of christ cults, before that it was drawn from cabalistic sun worship and before that astrological folklore.

If you are seeking to condemn JWs as unchristian you are using the same unreliable straight-edge which measures all who today call themselves Christian.

• Israel Ricky Gonzales
    Israel Ricky Gonzales

JWs are not Christian. They are witnesses of Jehovah, not Christ.

Acts 1:8 But you will receive power when the holy spirit comes upon you, and you will be witnesses of me in Jerusalem, in all Ju·deʹa and Sa·marʹi·a, and to the most distantpart of the earth.”

Acts 2:1, 4 Now while the day of the Festival of Pentecost was in progress, they were all together at the same place. 4 and they all became filled with holy spirit and started to speak in different languages, just as the spirit enabled them to spreak.

Acts 11:26 ... it was first in Antioch that the disciples were by divine providence called Christians.

The do preach a different gospel. Their good news is a paradise earth, no sickness, no death.

Acts 17:11 But some of both the Ep·i·cu·reʹan and the Stoʹic philosophers began disputing with him, and some were saying: “What is it this chatterer would like to tell?” Others: “He seems to be a proclaimer of foreign deities.” This was because he was declaring the good news of Jesus and the resurrection.

They are false teachers and false prophets that tickle the ears of the downtrodden with a promise of living forever on a paradise earth that is concocted from numerous unrelated scriptures.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Well, Perry, you've finally convinced me.

Sign me up at your church.

• Perry
    Perry

I think little_socretes is correct:

The Bible is VERY clear Christians eat the bread and wine in remembrance to him. It IS the new convenient. It takes the place of Passover for Christians.
    If you partake you are Christian.... if you don't you aren't.

Jesus himself, the actual MEDIATOR of the New Covenant states the ONE requirement for acceptance into the New Covenant (for forgiveness of sins) :

John 11: 25 - Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

John 6: 47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. (present tense)

John 7 : 37 - He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

Romans 10: 9 -13 - That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

I guess for the sake of argument there is such a thing as unsaved Christians. However, I think for all practical purposes that only a saved Christian could be called a Christian.

The requirement for being a saved Christian or a real Christian if you like, is whether or not a person believes Jesus. This seems really simple. But, where people get into trouble is when they believe someone else over Jesus, or alongside Jesus.

For instance, when a person believes their religious teachers over what Jesus taught.... like participation in the Lord's Supper for example, they are really proving that their belief is primarily in someone else. Or, for example if they believe Mary or the Pope or their Church can provide Salvation ....then, in any of these kinds of instances they are proving that their belief is not on, or in Jesus, but some other.

That therefore nullifies the contract since the ONE requirement for Salvation is lacking.

When I used to go out in filed service, I used to mock Christians for saying that all you had to do was believe in Jesus to be saved. It turns out they were correct. However, they were not talking about the easy believism I had imagined.

It is not quite as easy as it sounds to believe in Jesus to the exclusion of all others, and irregardless of its cost.

• Aroq
    Aroq
    to :
    fulltimestudent

It was a Pharisee named Gamaliel, who was a teacher of the Law. It was said because the theory was that if it were true it would continue, if it were not true it would fizzle out.

At what point does it become true or not? That is the real question. If it dies out after 200 years, was it true? Ever? For the movement to be true it must not fizzle out, not in 5 years, not in 1000 years, but forever remain.
  • Viviane
    Viviane
    Christians aren't Christian, either. So what?
  • opusdei1972
    opusdei1972
    As early as the first century, Christians call themselves "apostates" or "liars", etc.
  • little_Socrates
    little_Socrates

Jesus Christ has always had people since the time of the apostles who experienced Salvation through faith in Christ alone.

Did you know that in all of scripture the only place where faith saved and alone are used in the same sentence is...

James 2 KJV

24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit