2016 SPECIAL TALK---ARE YOU ON THE ROAD TO EVERLASTING LIFE?

by suavojr 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

well it's a talk - what do they think is the special part. ICK!

Marina

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

"This reminds me a bit of the time an elder called at my door and invited me to study his bible. (This must have been before I was officially labelled a dangerous apostate). 'I'd love to' I said. 'Which scholars have you studied?'. I mentioned a few (Bart Ehrman comes to mind). He mentioned a name (can't remember it now) and I asked him to write it down so that I could check out his preferred scholar's credentials. End of invitation to 'study the bible', end of conversation."

Oh how great you are, you really must be something, quite a scholar youself, having studied the scholars who have studied other scholars who have studied the Bible. Really clever. Is it now that we all should take off our hats and make a reverential bow to you, pay obeisance as it were?

TOH

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

TOH

Well, you're entitled to your view and your comments.

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

Thank you.

The big crowd is not on the road to everlasting life, they should read Isaiah 65:20 more carefully. The fleshly people in the the Kingdom will not have everlasting life.. The only way to have everlasting life is by being a new creation as Jesus after resurrection is.

The big crowd actually has the same hope as the "unjust" people who died and never really knew Jehovah and Jesus.

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

Begin by building faith based on accurate Bible knowledge --> do they have accurate Bible knowledge???

We need strong confidence in the Bible to choose a path contrary to the one followed by others around us ---> but why to they demand compliance to all the organization's believes and practices? even to those not based on the Bible??

If you are not fully convinced that the Bible is God’s Word, then examine the evidence (g 11/07 5-9) ---> and if you examine them, you have to reach the same conclusions as them, otherwise you are disfellowship.

Use the Bible to examine your current beliefs carefully ----> again, use the Bible, and if the Bible states the opposite of the watchtower believed, believe the watchtower!

Jesus emphasized the need for our beliefs to be based on truth [Read John 4:23, 24] ---> their believes are based on lies and misunderstandings .... and the measurements of pyramids, still jw's have to believe them as being "the truth"

Like the apostle Paul, be willing to change your beliefs when presented with evidence (Ac 26:9-20) - --> are they willing to do this?

• Island Man
    Island Man
    I predict that the song they will use for that talk is: "This is the way"
  • Island Man
    Island Man
    God’s requirements are reasonable; they reflect his love and greatly benefit us

Being asked to shun your own children because they change to a different belief system can hardly be described as reasonable. Being asked to refuse your child a life-saving blood transfusion in the absence of alternatives, can hardly be described as reasonable, loving or beneficial.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

THE (JW) ROAD TO

EVERLASTING LIFE

Image result for long and winding road

I can tell you this:

it's a long-ass road to nowhere.

Doc

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

2016 SPECIAL TALK---ARE YOU ON THE ROAD TO EVERLASTING LIFE?

To Date..

Every JW That Ever Lived.....Has Died...

.........................THE WATCHTOWER ONLY HAS ONE ROAD..
    http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab110/GeneralWaco/streetsign.jpg

........................http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab110/GeneralWaco/c9c325cf-6c91-4638-95b4-060d79a62571_zps0159ce44.jpg

• The Searcher
    The Searcher
    Thanks for this SUAVOJR. Now I've got months to prepare for the date of the talk - to make sure that I miss it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit