A small update on the ongoing investigation by the Royal Commission

by umbertoecho 21 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

I don't know what sort of shepherding is being done. It may be with a cattle prod for all I know. I think the RC just caused a bit of a reaction here in that they may be looking up some of those "women or men" who suffered or have faded. Not sure at all......still, in all it's good to know things are ticking along......

That would be my guess.

That, in order to appear more concerned, the branch is starting to follow-up on their existing files.

• skin
    skin

Would it not make sense now that everyone take audio recordings of their shepherding calls and J hearings?

We had a shepherding call with a CO once where we were asked that very question, "Do you believe the GB is the faithful slave?" I wonder what response I would have got from the CO if I answered with the same words that Geoffrey Jackson answered at the RC for that same question.

Take personal recordings, even if it is only for a laugh later on.

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

umbertoecho To share what you have mentioned - they even respond to non-Australian data presented to them - I can confirm this in my own case - I received replies from none other than the CEO of the ARC itself - Philip Reed
    Chief Executive Officer [as copied off an e-mail]

Wow ! the responsiveness is touching and so it should encourage timid and fearful ones to come forward and one needs to let victims know this !

You certainly would not get a single response from the GB ! In fact as you may be aware if you phone the Service Desk you will not be told who you are speaking to - FACT. You get "the Voice" .......and the first 2 questions it asks is : Who are you and which congregation are you in. And that is to prevent it from being fingered in any litigation etc How Loving ! "Nearer my God to Thee"

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    I don't know what sort of shepherding is being done. It may be with a cattle prod for all I know. I think the RC just caused a bit of a reaction here in that they may be looking up some of those "women or men" who suffered or have faded. Not sure at all......still, in all it's good to know things are ticking along......

Thanks for answering my question umberto. Wow if they are doing spot checks on people who've faded because of the publicity surrounding the RC it must have really rattled them!

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Are they making shepherding calls to faders in general, or to victims of abuse in particular?

Eden

• jhine
    jhine

" It may be done with a cattle prod for all I know " .

That really made me chuckle . Thanks for the update Umbertecho , you deserve a medal as big as a dustbin lid ( as me mom used to say ) .

Jan

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

I used to make shepherding calls until I was reproved for only shepherding the prettier sisters.

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

snugglebunny

Was that the inner beauty of the sisters?

• jhine
    jhine

What is shepherding a euphemism for these days ?

Jan

• Island Man
    Island Man
    "I used to make shepherding calls until I was reproved for only shepherding the prettier sisters"

Did you use your shepherd's staff, snugglebunny?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit