The Funniest Counsel from Audience

by confuzcious 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• confuzcious
    confuzcious

Ok Guys,

I know you know what I'm talking about.

What was the funniest comment you heard from the audience during a study where the brother or sister used their COMMENT AS AS PLATFORM TO COUNSEL THE ELDERS.

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

Ok this really isnt funny because this was after my disfellowshipment.

My girl friend and her father would keep raising their hands during meetings commenting on repentance and how sometimes people just make mistakes and are sorry,etc, etc.

No matter what the subject of the WT Study they always seemed to find a comment about how elders should treat repented ones who come to them for help.

The elders would then raise their hands and make comments that had nothing to do with that. For instance the one that stuck out in my mind is an elder raised his hand and said, "I Know A Family Right Here Who Has Helped Many Of The Brothers and Sisters Even Having Them Stay In Their Home When Homeless And They Should Not Be Forgotten!"

This had nothing to do with the lesson but had everything to do with coals being heaped on his head! He had been on my committee and the husband of the family he spoke of was also on my committee. They had tag teamed against me being buddies and all.

Needless to say he doesnt know what hes talking about because that family never helped my kids or me in a meaningful way that would make a difference and The Husband of that family had made the moves on me in the past!

Anyway, I said it wasnt funny.

Better end this now b4 I rant......

Ciao 4 now,Utopian_Raindrops

Edited by - Utopian_Raindrops on 17 January 2003 19:3:12

• Scully
    Scully

LOL!

I remember one Service Meeting...... a brother approached the podium and passed a note to the speaker.... the speaker's face turned red. He said "Excuse me one second, please" and then turned his back to the audience and you could still hear a "zzzzzip" as he did up his trousers. After that, he carried on with his Local Needs Talk (how fitting) as though nothing happened.

Love, Scully

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

In one congregation I attended, the Watchtower conductor was notorious for going over time, frequently taking an hour an 10 minutes to complete the study (songs excluded). During a service meeting item on meeting quality and the like this same elder, covering the KM item, commented on how the brothers conducting meeting assignments must be careful about keeping to time, whereupon there was a loud clearing of throats by nearly everyone in the congregation. Said elder looked really shocked but he got the message, at least for a while.

Thirdson

• Ed
    Ed

I didn't personally witness this, I only heard about it from the guy who was at the centre of it all...

An elder I knew was falsely accused by the other elders of some sort of misconduct and removed from his position. Everyone in the congregation knew it was a conspiracy and that he had been set up, and they were not happy. So as a form of non-violent protest, for the next few weeks not one person put their hand up during the WT study. The WT reader would read the paragraph, the elder conducting the study would ask the question, and then... nothing. "Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?"

The elders got the message pretty quickly and dropped the accusations.

True story.

• kwijibo
    kwijibo

I heard of an old brother who made a comment during a watchtower study on sex and marriage that young people shouldn't eat cake because the sugar content makes you masturbate.....

It was a running joke for years anytime someone was eating cake - you know what that makes you do, nudge nudge.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit