School report

by SheilaM 6 Replies latest jw friends

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Well my first week is over WHEW I am really enjoying my classesI have Psychology/Photography Sculpture/Speech and Creative Writing. So far I like them all

My Creative Writing teacher has her doctorate and studied in Chicago and England but I had no idea we had to read our stuff aloud, my experience in HS was you wrote and submitted it to the teacher. I guess my face turned bright red when she told us LOL I am very closed about my writing so this will be weird for me.

I decided I believe (don't quote me I am an Aquarius and change my mind quickly) that I may go for my bachelors in Fine Arts that way I can study all mediums of Art and PLAY LOL I also can go on to be a K-12 art teacher I think teaching young children to love art would be wicked cool.

Just keeping you posted as promised! I have been on to post some this week I haven't had much homework and am out of school Monday and Tuesday this next week.

If you have any tips on a Fine arts degree let me know

Edited by - SheilaM on 17 January 2003 17:9:59

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday

Thanks for checking in!!

• email
    email

That is so cool Sheila... and an inspiration... now you're really making me want to go back to school and get my Masters degree...

Good luck... you'll go far

• SLOAN
    SLOAN

Congrats Sheila!!!!!!!! So glad that you are enjoying yourself.

LOL on the Aquarian "mind changing" comment; although the two of you should realise that it doesn't have anything to do with being an Aquarian, it's just being a woman.

Edited by - Sloan on 17 January 2003 22:2:45

Edited by - Sloan on 17 January 2003 22:3:23

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Ruby I think we are twins separated at Birth

E-mail do go get your Master's you will never regret it !!!!

Sloan thanks a bunch, just a woman thing huh LOL

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

I am always so happy and thrilled to read about XJWs either returning to school or enrolling at college or university. This is such a great thing.

Personally, I went back to college when I was 30. Never regretted it. It was so neat being in a scholastics environment. It does the mind and body, a world of good.

Glad to read such things, such positive feedback and words.

If you can return to school, whatever that may be: you'll never regret it. Trust me!

Best to all who give it a go!

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Rayzor:

Yep I agree I am a little older than that 39 the 24th of this monthI still can't believe time has flown so fast ...

I see people on campus that are in their 70's and 80's I agree that learning is the coolest thing and I really love to explore new ideas. I think it makes us all more excepting and for me I am getting a kick of how the kids love the "old lady" to be in their group because I actuall study LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit