Wasting PRECIOUS time !?!

by JNS2 4 Replies latest jw friends

• JNS2
    JNS2

I was just feeling guilty wasting all this time reading these threads, new & old. But then it occurred to me how much time I spent going to 5 meetings a week, going in field service, studying & preparing, getting dressed up & travelling back & forth to the KH for more than two decades. I HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO TO CATCH UP!!!

Any thoughts on this?

• notperfectyet
    notperfectyet

Time is on our side...yes it is....

No time like now...

Wer'e never to old to have a happy child hood......

Any who... HI!

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

JNS2:

Sometimes I think that way gee I spend so much time here or doing this but I NEVER had any free time being a dub it was always a monkey on my back..hmm I like Monkey's but couldn't think of another saying LOL

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Time is short! Armageddon is at hand! You shouldn't be wasting your time on here when you could be out preaching the bad news. Jehovah will not wait for slackers. He doesn't put up with bull5hit. Will you be going through the wide road that leads to destruction, or the narrow road that leads to everlasting life in a paradise earth with all your judgemental friends?

• Introspection
    Introspection

Well, I'm all for moving on but not if it's completely ignoring your life experience. I've never seen that work for anyone, it may put it out of your mind temporarily but if you don't look at it when it comes up, it will inevitably come up again. You can either work through something or decide it's not important enough to bother with - both are fine, so long as you are completely honest with yourself.

Let me pose a question: What are you catching up with? Of course I understand that having been a JW for such a long time, you missed out on a lot of what other people have experienced in life. But goals are not permanent - once you attain something it stops being a goal. It is very practical to have goals, but I think it's useful to see it for what it is. The truth is, the biggest waste of time and energy is probably being time-conscious. It's fine to have goals to shoot for, but if you're sitting there looking at the clock or calendar all the time you're just spending energy on the fact that you're not there yet, not on attaining it. Whatever you endeavor to attain, hopefully you can enjoy the process of getting there. This is contrary to what we were taught as witnesses, the whole "keep your eyes on the prize" business. If nothing else, you can see how your quality of life from day to day can become stressful when you think that way. Life isn't a race, if anything I would like to finish later rather than sooner!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit