WOOHOO i finally got a life....

by orbison11 4 Replies latest jw experiences

• orbison11
    orbison11

in canada, we have a government sponsored/grant through something we call e.i.(employment insurance) being 45, and having only '20 years experience knocking on doors' to put on my resumes, needless to say, i have had a struggle with employment, etc, although i have done esthetics part time for 15 years,

long story short, it took 3 months to process, meetings, etc, and my having to go on social assistance for 2 of those months, well, yesterday i got the call, i got accepted, i now get $1200 per month to live on, can work at another job for 19 hours per week, and i can keep all the $ i make in esthetics, (doing nails, etc, for the males on the board:) and the contract is for one full year, plus i receive a lot of one on one counselling, schooling, etc to help me to succeed

apparently in b.c., 20% of new businesses are alive and well after one year, but 85% of those in this program are still doing well after a year

anyway, way to go me:):):)

orbi

• Prisca
    Prisca

Congratulations on your new business! I wish you every success!!

• orbison11
    orbison11

thanks prisca

you've always been a kind one here:)

orbi

Edited by - orbison11 on 17 January 2003 18:17:18

• Xena
    Xena

Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now how far do I need to travel to get my nails done????

• Brummie
    Brummie

WOW orbison11, thats great news! Hope everything goes well for you, glad to hear those 20 yrs as a JW havent stopped you from moving upwards.

Brummie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit