Ray Franz was an Idiot

by vinman 96 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972
    I am agnostic, so I currently don't believe in Christianity. Raymond Franz died as a Christian. Whatever, I still think he was a great man who recognized his error in supporting a stupid religion. He indeed admitted the stupidity of the Organization's thinking. I admire him because he could maintain his comfortable status as one of the kings of Bethel New York, however, he chose the way of honesty.
  • steve2
    steve2

I believe we have missed the point. I will try harder next time

Okay, vinman, sometimes despite good intentions, strategies backfire badly and who is perfect? In your attempt to make a point, you missed by a country mile. And whatever good point you may have wanted to make has been lost. But good on you for saying you'll try harder next time. That's all any of us can do: Try to do better next time.

Ray Franz was above all else a respectful and empathic man. He did not attempt to convert people to his point of view but was cautious in his statements because he knew that most of his listeners had been through the mill with organized religion.

Ray gave as much attention to how he said something as he did to what he said. Unlike some posters on this forum he did not attempt to deliberately provoke outrage for the sake of sitting back and enjoying the conflict.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Steve2 likelikelikelikelikelike!!!!!!
  • vinman
    vinman

Steve2

Ray Franz was above all else a respectful and empathic man. He did not attempt to convert people to his point of view but was cautious in his statements because he knew that most of his listeners had been through the mill with organized religion.

I guess I don't see this on this forum. I see name calling, calling God names, and much arrogance and disrespect.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    But many many people on this forum don't do that, and are respectful. Steve2 is respectful unless something REALLY gets to him, and then he's still respectABLE. Vinman try to focus on good stuff. And maybe take a break from here for a while if you need to.
  • Divergent
    Divergent
    Vinman: I guess I don't see this on this forum. I see name calling, calling God names, and much arrogance and disrespect.

Didn't you just do that yourself???

• vinman
    vinman
    I have respect for Steve2 and others like him.😌
  • vinman
    vinman

Just Kidding:

Didn't you just do that yourself???

I was simply being sarcastic. If we wouldn't call Franz names or put him down in anyway, why do so many here do it to others? Favoritism. My statement is for those who treat likeminded people in a negative way. It actually chases others away. I have read that so many times about sites like these.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Steve2

I guess I don't see this on this forum. I see name calling, calling God names, and much arrogance and disrespect.

You know, we don't all claim to be Ray Franz or Ray-Franz-like. Not that he elevated himself personally, but Ray probably felt a need to deliver the highest quality book. He wasn't here in the trenches with us as many others are also not here in the trenches. He sought to make a difference in the way he could. We are not writing a book here, and we are free agents. We are free to debate. I don't speak for everyone, so I won't generalize. But as for me, I don't see that disrespecting an imaginary god is disrespecting people who believe in it.

• millie210
    millie210
    Best post of the day!
    steve2
    Okay, vinman, sometimes despite good intentions, strategies backfire badly and who is perfect? In your attempt to make a point, you missed by a country mile. And whatever good point you may have wanted to make has been lost. But good on you for saying you'll try harder next time. That's all any of us can do: Try to do better next time.
    Ray gave as much attention to how he said something as he did to what he said. Unlike some posters on this forum he did not attempt to deliberately provoke outrage for the sake of sitting back and enjoying the conflict.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit