decrease in Canada?

by Omega Man 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Omega Man
    Omega Man

I heard that in the Jan KM the number or publishers for Sept was around 106,000 down from 110,000 in Aug. Where did about 4000 publishers go?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I think they got lost while out in FS... never to be seen again.

• JH
    JH

Maybe the August figures were boosted to look good.

• Perry
    Perry

Maybe it's just coincidence, but the average visits to this site increased by just over 4000 visits during the same time period.

Edited by - Perry on 17 January 2003 11:13:56

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

You need to compare Jan/03 to Jan/02, and even then it can be problematic. Numbers fluctuate from month to month, with August usually being one of the big ones (due to the return of July vacationers submitting two reports, and a last push to get everyone out before the end of the service year.

That being said, a number of 106000 for January does sound unnaturally low. I will check my old KMs for last year's number - I was still getting them back then.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Could it be the 15 minute policy? Although you would think that would increase the numbers not decrease them.

Will

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

The 15 minute policy is now a year old. It was implemented in Canada after the December/01 elder's school. So as of Jan/03, the effects have been fully included in the number, and the member recession is back in full force.

The 15 minute rule increased numbers from Jan/02 to Dec/02, but the drop in member numbers has been going on for five years, with a brief one year interruption.

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

RunningMan is quite right.

We will have to see if last years increase in numbers in the west are entirely accountable to the new 15 minute rule.

However, to be able to compare Jan 2002 with Jan 2003, you will have to wait until Mar or April, as the figures are published in the KM 3 or 4 moths later.

eyeslice

• Mary
    Mary

Perhaps they all suddenly became missionaries over in Iran .

• JH
    JH

Imagine if there was no 15 min. report.

Tumble

Tumble

Tumble

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit