Religion banned in the United States!

by freedom96 6 Replies latest jw friends

• freedom96
    freedom96

Yeah, I don't think so.

Remember, that is what we were taught! All religion, no matter which one, was going to banned, and then the end would come.

What about a country like the US where it was founded on religious freedom? Where you have many political leaders here and elsewhere for that matter claiming that they are Christians.

To think that the US is going to outlaw religion is a crazy idea. If the WTS is still waiting for that, they will be waiting forever.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

It is possible that various governments in liberal democracies may introduce regulations that produce more accountability among people who claim to be "God's mouthpiece". Done properly, I don't see that as a bad thing. However, the WT will spin it by talking about their religion being banned. Cf. the recent mention of the "banning" in Mexico. The WT claimed the religion had been banned in Mexico, whereas the only thing banned in Mexico was for religions to own property. The WT banned themselves by claiming to be a social, not religious, organisation in order to retain their "right" to own property "for the glory of Jehovah" (even though they didn't glorify Him by actually worshipping Him)! Give me strength!

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

Just watch Bush closely. He has a method to his madness. He is cozying up to some religions that will play with him. Remember he wants to fund the churches for social services. And once funded they will be controlled in escence by the ones they are funded by thus diminishing their independant status in this nation.

• Mary
    Mary

Didn't Jehovah make false religion "fall" in 1919 or some such crap like that??? Then why the hell is it still standing!!! Oh I forgot, that was FIGURITIVELY that He did that........

• rocketman
    rocketman

Hey freedom, you had me going there for a sec.

• heathen
    heathen

I would never say that it couldn't happen in the US . Religionists at this time are definately being investigated by the government. The child molestation coverup in the catholic church is one way in which religions are getting severe bad publicity . It wouldn't surprise me that once they fully examine some of these religions there isn't going to be some changes . The way I see it the constitutional rights are being rewritten every friggen day around here. There are plenty of countries where religion is being controlled by the government or doesn't exist . China for one has no religious freedom . It is illegal to practice any form of christianity in various middle east and african countries . Old vladamir Putin in russia is doing his damndist to rid russia of religion and guess who helped him in office .

Edited by - heathen on 17 January 2003 21:30:33

• SYN
    SYN

The chances of religion getting SUCCESSFULLY banned in the States (and the rest of the world too) are about as high as the chances of us seeing porcine aviators with snow on their snouts winging their way out of the frozen wastelands of HELL.

This is simply because the religion meme only gets stronger under pressure!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit