Meetings in hiding places

by JH 9 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

If one day the government would put an end to JW meetings, how do you think the Watchtower would get organized to keep meetings going?

They told us that meetings would be held in houses or in secret places. I dont know of any house big enough to accommodate 80+ people. Do you believe that they already have everything planned incase this happens?

• Mary
    Mary

They won't all meet at one house, it'll be like giant bookstudy groups according to Dubdom Land..........

And of course this should be starting any time soon, right?

• belbab
    belbab

In the Isaiah book there is a picture of a man, leading the way of course, climbing the stairs to go into their interior rooms. Behind him is a woman carrying a baby, ( she has to be pictured carrying a baby other wise it would look like they were going for a romp in clandestine activity.)

Now the text says in the book, that the interior rooms are the congregations. Now you know why KHs don't have windows.

Well this is a good enough answer, isn't it.

belbab

• Lin
    Lin

My dad used to say that there would likely be very small, less than ten, in a gathering and that they would either not bring any literature or would hide it. I've heard about them maybe bringing their literature in a gift wrapped package making it appear to be a wedding party, etc.

• freedom96
    freedom96

All you gotta do is listen to all the stories about how they do it in countries under ban.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

We (my family) used to have Armagedon drills.....where to hide the Bible (first) ourselves last my Mom always said that Jah would provide all the food and other things we needed when we needed it. I just wanted my teddy bear! I knew I could survive anything if I had my teddy bear with me!

Katie

• Ed
    Ed

"Armageddon drills" - LMAO!!!!!

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Back around 1980, I had a PO who must have been more paranoid than most. After taking office, he arranged for all of the book studies that had been at the kingdom hall to be moved to private homes.

This was because, when persecution came, the kingdom hall would be seized by the government, so the book study group would become the centre of activity and survival for the group. So, they might as well get used to it now. This was designed to make them into a well-oiled persecution surviving machine.

I moved away from that cong many years ago. I wonder if they have switched back yet, and if anyone felt a little disappointed when they came crawling out of their shell.

• jws
    jws
    My dad used to say that there would likely be very small, less than ten, in a gathering and that they would either not bring any literature or would hide it. I've heard about them maybe bringing their literature in a gift wrapped package making it appear to be a wedding party, etc.

JWs without their literature??? If they could find a Bible, they might have to read straight from that. Eeek! Or without any literature, they might have to think of and discuss subjects of their own, which leads to the dreaded "independent thinking".

I wonder if they'd schedule less meetings? Or would those that played it cautious be looked down on?

Pretending to be a wedding party??? So someone's getting married every Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday of every week? Sounds like a lame ruse.

I guess all they'd have to smuggle now would be a CD and they can all huddle around a PC to read old literature on CD. Maybe then the WBTS would start using electronic distribution of WT and Awakes that could be concealed on something as small as a memory card for a camera.

• joenobody
    joenobody

jws your comment just reminded me of that recently posted article that warned the brothers not to post the literature on their websites as they would be violating copyright law. If anyone in or out of the org can't see that the reason they don't publish on the Net is that $$$$$ would be lost, then they are absolutely fooling themselves. Whatever happened to "you received freely, so give freely?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit