Battle of the street corners

by tuff_luv_capo 8 Replies latest jw friends

• tuff_luv_capo
    tuff_luv_capo

In Hanover, Pennsylvania, our JW Kingdom hall sits idley by itself far from the supermarkets and rush of the town. It is very peaceful and sets the mood for the single road it lays on with a large parking lot and field- property of the Kingdom Hall.

But now, a church has been put up across the street, directly from the lane of the KH. A large outer wall with an enormous cross faces the KH as well as an airstip of street lamps leading to the large double doors. The church is a 7th day adventist church and apparently, they like to hang out in the parking lot for quite some time, making it uncomfortable for the kids who play in the fields. It reminds me of the Knights Of Columbus where I live by, catholics partying out in the lot and causing a traffic distraction.

What would you do if a church was put up acroos from your KH?

• TR
    TR

Maybe the Adventists should put up a reader board that condemns the WTS. LOL!

TR

• undercover
    undercover

Who cares?

Religion is a snare and a racket

• Valis
    Valis

Perhaps they'll put up a couple strip clubs and a mall next door...after all, Jesus hung out w/hookers and imagine the preaching opportunities you would have at a mall next door to the hall...No more travelling to field service, no more trudging through the snow or heat......eheheh...Yeah those damnable Catholics and Adventists being happy in their parking lots....dubbies would never have such a thing. I remember when we built our hall...all the old drunk bastards that usually were drunk by the time we finished one day piled into a van accross the street and started hammering the Budwieser. Had to catch up for not being at home drinking and watching the game....couldn't have someone drinking beer on Jehoba's property now could we?

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

LOL @ Valis!!!

Tuff Luv,

Let me know where you guys are at so I can open up a Brothel.

• tuff_luv_capo
    tuff_luv_capo

They're already offering donuts and juice at the fork in the road. Apparently 9/10 pedestrians fall for a good ole cream-filled donut over the JW brownies. We need advertisement. Maybe a sidescrolling billboard flaunting our various flourescent-mooded asian chics. But that might be taking it a bit far. Who knows, we're better tho. But don't take my word for it- copyright of Reading Rainbow, 1996

• JH
    JH

There should be a law against 2 churches on the same corner. You can only have a Mcdonalds and a Burger King on the same corner.

• tuff_luv_capo
    tuff_luv_capo

Yea, there's two Pizza huts in my town, only a football feild apart from each other.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Judge Rutherford would have no problem with that. He did most of his drinking and partying while in Bethel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit