talking to disfellowshipped ones

by nelly1 6 Replies latest jw friends

• nelly1
    nelly1

I am a bad bad girl because in all my years as a JW I always talked to DF friends and ones that needed help, i try to be like jesus who always erred on the side of mercy, he even use to counsel the pharisees on their lack of it!!!!

he even himself in the account with the woman about to be stoned for a serious crime under the law he dealt with her mercifully and spared her life.

so I dont give a rats ass i still talk to DF people no one is going to tell me not to be kind to whom ever I want!!!

love nelly

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

I always talked to DF'd and DA'd ones and even socialized with them when I was attending the meetings. The elders could not really do anything to me because I was not baptized. All they could do was take away my publisher status and they knew I could have cared less if they did.

• Truth2Me
    Truth2Me

Well, coming from the other side of things (I'm Df'd), I respect those "on the inside" and I will not approach them out of respect for their beliefs, but it's been a great experience for me to speak with the friends on the inside that have initiated contact with me. I've found it to be a great experience and validates my Witness life from my past.

Rock-on with encouraging those Df'd ones

Truth2Me

• Brummie
    Brummie

Hello nelly1:)

Unfortunately when I was younger I shunned anyone disfd..brainwashed see! As I got older and began to realise how blinkered and stupid I was I began nodding to disfd (first step), to a smile (2nd step) to full blown "HIiiiiiiiiiiiii HOW ya doin?" ....lol I always liked the look on the disfd face when I genuinly approached and inquired as to their well being...I only got to that stage when in the process of leaving though, so good for you to have always spoken. You would have brightened up many a day for the difd.

Brummie

• DFWnonJW
    DFWnonJW
    "i try to be like jesus who always erred on the side of mercy"

And all this time I thought he was perfect.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

• Brummie
    Brummie

I just KNEW nelly1 wouldnt get away with saying that...rofl

• britdf
    britdf

I was df'd back in '90 and went to a convention a few years later. While chatting to a friend another one of our old 'gang' walked in through the football stadium gates. My 'friend' made a comment to the effect of 'I don't know why he bothers coming, noone will talk to him because he's disfellowshipped.' You should have seen her face when i told her i was still disfellowshipped. It's the only time I have ever been looked at like I was a piece of shit.

My father is an elder and started talking to me again a couple of years ago, occasionally he would bible bash and I made it clear I wasn't interested. He'd still call me whenever he needed help with his PC or something. I'm getting married in Spetember and he's just decided he won't be coming as his 'conscience' is troubled to still be talking to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit