http://www.biblestudents.net/history/ Dublight?

by Deleted 1 Replies latest jw friends

• Deleted
    Deleted

Hey y'all

According to those that thought Rutherford was the Evil Slave the "truth" is still collecting its 144k, going to heaven, keen on the Great Pyramid, blood transfusions are fine, disfellowshipping is not a vicious weapon and so forth.

I feel like I have a soft spot for these folk, our "x-cousins" - but in no way would I want to be part another religious group, thanks to the Dub experience.

However, I wonder if I would have done years ago if it had been an option then.

What dy'all think?

Deleted

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

I, too, have a bit of a soft spot for them. Kind of like a distant cousin who's a little simple.

Rutherford's teachings are more open and loving than the ones that came after them. The congs had autonomy, and organization was de-emphasized. You could celebrate Chrismas, birthdays, and salute the flag.

On the other hand, much of his stuff was simply wrong. The pyramid measurements, Armageddon in 1914, the divine plan of the ages - all of this stuff was wrong, and is now hopelessly outdated. How could they possibly convert anyone based on these long-discredited ideas?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit