A big load of crap

by somebody 3 Replies latest jw friends

• somebody
    somebody

If this isn't a big load of bullcrap, I don't know what is!

4/92 kingdom ministry

While the information presented in Our Kingdom Ministry is in the form of suggestions and not rigid rules, it is still a fine source of reference material that should be a part of each congregation Kingdom Hall library.

Can you imagine what would happen to JWs who have Disfellowshipped and Da'd family members who didn't obey the rigid rules on how to treat their family members in the August 2002 Kingdom Ministry? Can you imagine what would happen if an active JW ,upon sitting in front of elders and being counselled for having converstaions with their own df'd relatives, spoke up and said that there is no rigid rule against speaking greetings or talking to their df'd family member. I can just picture the elders referring the person being counseled to the August 2002 KM. Now I can picture the one being couselled referring the elders to the April 92 KM and saying that information in the KMs are only suggestions and not rigid rules. After all...thes KMs sitting in the KH libraries are for references. Sometimes references can serve as buttsavers.

Anyone have any 'suggestions" on what the elders would come up as far as wording the "sin" that such a person would be disfellwshipped for? How would they word the "sin" on the form they send to their leaders/headquarters? This might be fun!!

How about......disfellowshipped for ............

"not having confidence in the suggestions presented in the Kingdom Ministry".

For those who haven't heard the two part meeting on the "suggestions" presented in the August 2002 KM, it's here for you to listen to.

http://hometown.aol.com/haroldev3/myhomepage/profile.html

If you listen, take note of the reason why the "suggestions" were being studied in a two part meeting to begin with.

peace,
    gwen

edited for editing.

Edited by - somebody on 15 January 2003 17:27:28

• truthseekers2
    truthseekers2

Wow, Gwen. How interesting! Some great food for thought. Here's the article in full:

Question

Box

Should the congregation keep a file of Our Kingdom Ministry?

In the May 1972 issue of the Kingdom Ministry, it was pointed out that it is advisable to keep in the Kingdom Hall library a file for the monthly editions of Our Kingdom Ministry for reference purposes. It continues to be appropriate to maintain such a file in each Kingdom Hall library for the use of the elders and the publishers.

With such a file available, publishers can refer to past material bearing on field service presentations, conducting Bible studies, making return visits, and so forth. Good ideas for use in the ministry can be found. From time to time, current issues of Our Kingdom Ministry refer to issues that were published before some of the brothers were associated with the congregation. Newly associated ones can benefit if the file is kept. One of the newly designed Watchtower file cases could be used to store past copies of Our Kingdom Ministry at the Kingdom Hall.

The elders should assign either the Theocratic Ministry School overseer or a qualified ministerial servant to make sure that this file is kept up-to-date month by month. While the information presented in Our Kingdom Ministry is in the form of suggestions and not rigid rules, it is still a fine source of reference material that should be a part of each congregation Kingdom Hall library. Back issues of Our Kingdom Ministry cannot be ordered from Brooklyn, however.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

One of the purposes of the Kingdom Ministry is training you for field service and as such, they offer suggestions. This material differs with the Elders Manual where it has to do with rules/laws of conduct and procedures of internal matters.

This is going to be just a passing thought. I play professional golf and you ought to see and read the 'Decisions on Golf' manual which is updated every year. It's awesome. These rules are not designed to penalize you but rather save you strokes and avoid any cheating. You need to know the rules of engagement. Golf is an easy game to cheat. The present pro, V J Singh was once caught cheating and was suspended 10 years before playing on the PGA tour. In the amateur ranks, if you walk off the course that is sponsored by the USGA without just cause, don't bother to come back because it will take forever to be reinstated,unless you have a lawyer. I know of a personal acquaintance who cheated and was suspended in Jamaica, Florida and Quebec. His friend who is on the rules committee told him, "Mel, you can cheat, just don't get caught," and he did get caught. When your playing in the pro ranks which means earning your livelihood, anyone who cheats, cheats himself and the field! Therefore, rules are a must! So, if you think the JW organization is strict with rules, try golf rules when your livelihood depends on it. Roberto DeVicennso (incorrect spelling) was disqualified for signing a wrong score, I believe it was the Masters and he played alongside Bob Goalby. He lost a prestigous title and money!

When it comes to golf questionable situations, play two balls, the original and a provisional ball then get the ruling later if there is no official near-by. That is the safest and best way from getting disqualified or penalized. If I bored you with this information, I apologize, but when it comes to rules, especially golf, you better know them! Golf rules are designed to SAVE you strokes and prevents cheating. I do get your drift. USELESS man-made rules within the org. are not necessary.

Guest 77

• BeelzeDub
    BeelzeDub

How would they word the "sin" on the form they send to their leaders/headquarters?

Causing divisions in the congregation is the catch all. If you don't agree with the elders and give them any trouble you are causing divisions. They can apply it to anything even if they can't back up their "ridged rules" with scripture. Seen it first hand.

There was a similar quote in a WT magazine recently anyone remember what it was? Something to the effect that true christains do not make hard and ridged rules.....

Thanks for the quote, I may use it in the future.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit