Canada: New Brunswick/Ontario

by RAYZORBLADE 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

It has been a long while since I partook of any XJW site, but this one seems pretty interesting, with loads of topics and interesting posts.

Anyways, I was a teenager in eastern Canada, New Brunswick to be specific. It was late 1976/77 that I attended meetings. The first congregation I ever attended was: Oromocto. A few years later, I moved into Fredericton (NB capital). That would have been late 1979 until 1982. The congregation name then was: Odell Park.

Eventually, I moved to northwestern New Brunswick, right along the Maine (USA) border. Attended meetings in Perth-Andover. I frequented meetings in Presque Isle, Maine as well. I was dating a young woman over there at the time.

In the summer of 1983, I decided to chance it, and move to Toronto. I attended the Lakeview congregation in Etobicoke. I remained there until I left 'officially' around May 1984.

I used to know people all over, and like many of you, had many close and dear friends, many of whom I have not seen since 1984. I have only met one person on-line (from Maine) that has left and is no longer a JW. His father is still an elder, but he is not going back. Good for him.

It'd be neat to speak with people who have had some connection to the places I have posted. It has been a long time, yes, but the impact of having been a JW, never leaves you.

Has anyone met or heard from anyone from long while ago? I'd be anxious to read their experience.

Thanks, Ray.

• starfish422
    starfish422

Hi Ray; my mom is from Chatham and I used to go visit my grandmother there at her congregation in Newcastle. Not really close to the areas you mentioned; but I used to love visiting NB every summer. :) I am from southeastern Ontario.

Good luck finding some friends. :)

• Beans
    Beans

We were in Scarborough, oh well!!!!! Where are you now?

http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

Beans

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Hey, thanks for asking. I am residing in Toronto, specifically, the east end of Toronto, not too far from the old Scarborough city line.

Starfish 422, I knew a couple of people from the Newcastle/Chatham area way back then. Does the name: Chapman, ring a bell?

I will keep you posted if I hear anything. If it's spam, I'll spare you the details of that. Later folx!

• Scully
    Scully

Welcome Ray!

I'm freezing my butt off in the nation's capital....

Love, Scully

• belbab
    belbab

Razor, did you know the Sonmor family in Fredricton?

belbab

• starfish422
    starfish422

Ray - Chapman might ring a bell, but you know we would go to two meetings there a year, as we would visit for about a week at a time, each summer. :) There was a sister I used to spend time with when I was down there and now I can't even remember her name! Duh. I've been out for almost 10 years and I haven't visited down there for almost 11, so I have forgotten many of the names. I remember the Lisk family pretty well; my grandmother's last name is Cable.

**edited to add: my sister-in-law is from NB as well, from Bathurst. Last name was Thiel.

Edited by - starfish422 on 17 January 2003 13:30:25

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Hi Belbab, yes...I do recall a family by the name of Sonmor. Most of the ones I had met were living in the Moncton area. But they seemed to have a connection to the Fredericton-Oromocto area.

I wish I could remember names, but unfortunately, I cannot. I has been well over 20 years ago now.

Once attending a KH north of Toronto, several years ago, I ran into relatives of the NB Sonmor's. It seemed like their family, and extended family were heavily into the WTBTS.

Perhaps a name or two would ring a bell, but honestly, I'd be guessing at best. I was not close to them, but had certainly remembered meeting them.

Thanks for posting that, it did bring back a memory.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Just bumping this back up, should there be any lurkers, or newbies who are familiar with the opening post here.

If so, anyone wishing to Personal Message me, please do, by clicking on my name, or you can of course, post here: no names need to be exchanged.

But over the last couple of months, people from my former stomping grounds are coming out of the woodwork, which makes me smile.

Thanks, to anyone who would like to post to this thread.

Cheers!
    Ray

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

hey ray mang... I'm in yahoo IM. Gimme a shout!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit