The "mis-truths" said by brothers during the Royal Commission.

by stuckinarut2 17 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

My sister said she heard several "mis truths" or dare we say, "lies" said by the brothers on the stand during the Royal Commission.

1) Vin Toole lied when asked about the expression "theocratic warfare". He said he was unaware of the term.

2) Terry Obrien lied when asked whether witnesses are free to research the organisation or free to leave without any negative consequences.

3) Geoff Jackson lied when he said that the organisation doesn't run a 'police state' and doesn't criticise those who want to leave. He also misdirected or lied when asked if the GB /FDS is gods direct channel of communication or spokesman on earth. He said "that would be presumptuous to say that"

• Listener
    Listener
    Stuckinarut isn't your sister a JW?
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

Very true SIAR. I imagine there's more.

This begs the question that all JWs NEED to ask themselves - "What lies are we JWs being told by the watchtower corporation?...and why?"

• newsheep
    newsheep

Punkofnice,

I wrote a sister all the bad on her governing body and what had transpired with Royal Commission , sent her the taped recordings, gave her my over view of it all and she wrote back and said she still believes this is god organisation and yes there are deceiving men in it but she still believes she is serving god the way he should be served.

It would have been better for me to just delete her email!

• Room 215
    Room 215
    Terrence O Brien was also called out for lying when, in his bid to dissuade the RC from ordering Geoff Jackson to appear, he downplayed GJ's role in co-running the organization, by suggesting he was mainly involved in translation.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

Newsheep - None so blind as those that WILL NOT see.

I am sorry, but right now, her mind is controlled totally by the WBT$.

It's so sad to see how a corrupt business pretending to be a religion had sucked the life and cash out of so many victims.

JWs will only wake up when they're ready. I liken it to having a beautiful dream and waking up...you try to go back to sleep to get back into the dream.

As for his holiness watchtower rock star pope saying about corporal punishment........face palm..............do any of the GB ever speak truth or are they so used to lying that it comes as second nature?

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

I've made this point somewhere else but the WT lawyer had to apologise to the judge and explain that he had no wish to mislead the enquiry. He explained that he was following the instructions he had been given by his client (WT) and that he personally had no wish to be deceptive.

For those of us familiar with courtroom speak, this was a very big deal indeed. It doesn't happen very often. In essence, the lawyer was saying to the court (hearing) that he had been deceived by the client (WT) and was distancing himself from it in an effort to preserve his professional integrity.

In my profession in the UK I was involved in many criminal trials. I can only recall a couple of occasions over many years when the lawyer for a defendant was put in this position.

It really is a huge thing, and I have no doubt that the ARC will take appropriate note.

• jhine
    jhine

Absolutely Punky , I've made that point before . It never seems to occur to the r&f that there are times when they are included in the " aren't entitled to know " category .

Jan

• Oubliette
    Oubliette
    Liars gotta lie. It's what they do.
  • joe134cd

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit