"Get an accurate picture "

by MacHislopp 2 Replies latest jw friends

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

From " Awake ! February 8 th ,2003 page 31,

"Get an accurate picture " (last paragraph)

"Anyone can put anything on the Internet, in a magazine,

or in a book.Thus, we need to use discernment and educate

ourselves so that we do not gullibly believe whatever we read.

Those of us who want accurate informations have to establish

that our source is reliable. This can take time. But once we do

so and get a more complete picture, we can be sound in our

thinking , correct in judgement , and confident when making

important decisions."

Let's see from the WTBS ' own publications:

*** w50 6/1 176 Letter ***

The ark of salvation that we enter is not a literal ark but is God's organization

*** w72 4/15 250 Is Church Membership Enough? ***

"The Bible gives us a striking example of this. It emphasizes the point that, even though sincere, an individual or even an entire organization can fall far short of exclusive devotion to God."

*** w67 8/15 494 The Need for Security ***
    No man, regardless of how prominent he may be and with what power he may be invested, religious or political, no nation of this world and no international organization can provide true security and salvation for mankind.

*** km 11/90 1 Directing Bible Students to Jehovah's Organization ***
    1 Bible students need to get acquainted with the organization of the "one flock" Jesus spoke about at John 10:16. They must appreciate that identifying themselves with Jehovah's organization is essential to their salvation. (Rev. 7:9, 10, 15) Therefore, we should start directing our Bible students to the organization as soon as a Bible study is established.

*** w90 11/1 26 Our Relative Subjection to the Superior Authorities ***
    16 As Christians, we face up to similar challenges today. We cannot take part in any modern version of idolatry -- be it worshipful gestures toward an image or symbol or the imputing of salvation to a person or an organization.

Furthermore, compare these two:

***C. T. Russell wrote in the April 25, 1894 issue of Zion's Watch Tower:

"Having up to December 1, 1893, thirty-seven hundred and five (3,705) voting shares out of a total of sixty-three hundred and eighty-three (6,383) voting shares, Sister Russell and myself, of course elect the officers, and thus control the Society; and this was fully understood by the Directors from the first. Their usefulness, it was understood, would come to the front in the event of our death." (p. 59)

and 105 years later:

****From "The Watchtower, February 1 st , 1999 page 17:

"To give the Bible Students legal status, Zion's Watch Tower Society was

incorporated in 1884 in the United States, with headquarters in Pittsburgh,

Pennsylvania. Its directors served as a central Governing Body,

overseeing the global preaching of God's Kingdom."

Finally let's take a look at some "accurate informations":

*** w91 5/1 12-13 ***

"The Pure Language Defined
    10 The pure language is the truth of God found in his own Word, the Holy Scriptures. It is particularly the truth regarding God's Kingdom, which will bring peace and other blessings to mankind. The pure language does away with religious error and false worship."

*** w91 5/1 18 ***

"From 1879 onward it was made clear that Charles Taze Russell and his associates were being used by God to promote the pure language"

*** w91 5/1 18 ***

13 Jehovah's servants, who speak the pure language, are not bewildered about where they are in the stream of time. Jehovah has taught them that they are in "the time of the end," with Jesus present as a glorious invisible spirit.

*** w86 4/15 18 ***
    11 So God's servants know what this world's rulers do not. They know Jehovah's purposes and his seasons... Since Jehovah's servants of today obey him as ruler, God's holy spirit also reveals to them what season it is from his viewpoint. Amos 3:7 says: "The Sovereign Lord Jehovah will not do a thing unless he has revealed his confidential matter to his servants the prophets."

*** jv 46-7 5 Proclaiming the Lord's Return (1870-1914) ***
    One morning in January 1876, 23-year-old Russell received a copy of a religious periodical called Herald of the Morning. From the picture on the cover, he could see that it was identified with Adventism. The editor, Nelson H. Barbour, of Rochester, New York, believed that the object of Christ's return was not to destroy the families of the earth but to bless them and that his coming would be not in the flesh but as a spirit.... So he arranged to meet with Barbour in Philadelphia. This meeting confirmed their agreement on a number of Bible teachings and provided an opportunity for them to exchange views. "When we first met," Russell later stated, "he had much to learn from me on the fullness of restitution based upon the sufficiency of the ransom given for all, as I had much to learn from him concerning time." Barbour succeeded in convincing Russell that Christ's invisible presence had begun in 1874.

"In this chapter we present the Bible evidence proving that the full end of the times of the gentiles, i.e., the full end of their lease of dominion, will be reached in A.D. 1914; and that the date will be the farthest limit of the rule of imperfect men. And be it observed, that if this is shown to be a fact firmly established by the Scriptures, it will prove; Firstly, that at that date the Kingdom of God, for which our Lord taught us to pray, saying, Thy Kingdom come, will obtain full, universal control, and that it will then be set up, or firmly established, in the earth, on the ruins of present institutions." (The Time Is At Hand, 1888, pp. 76, 77)

"Be not surprised, then, when in subsequent chapters we present proofs that the setting up of the Kingdom of God is already begun, that it is pointed out in prophecy as due to begin the exercise of power in A.D. 1878, and that the 'battle of the great day of God Almighty (Rev. 16:14) which will end in A.D. 1914 with the complete overthrow of earth's present rulership, is already commenced. The gathering of the armies is plainly visible from the standpoint of God's word." (Studies in the Scriptures, Vol. 2, The Time Is At Hand, 1889 Ed., p. 101. The 1915 Edition of this texts changed "A.D. 1914" to read 'A.D. 1915')

I do hope that for some it will be possible to apply the nice counsel:

"But once we do so and get a more complete picture,

we can be sound in our thinking , correct in judgement ,

and confident when making important decisions."

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

(P.S. Thanks to Alan F. for the quotes)

• email
    email

I can't believe they print that!!!... they have the NERVES to write such a thing!?

I remember telling an elder in my Judicial Committee about the UN and when he asked me where I had gotten that info i told him it was from the Guardian newspaper... when he tried to discredit the source I told him that the WT Magazines frequently cites from that source... so it MUST be reliable!

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

I noticed this article too. Again the unwritten message is clear: question any other sources of information. Only we can be trusted.

The mind-control continues.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit