IDIOT AWARDS FOR THE YEAR.....

by Mary 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

Need a good laugh? Here are the awards for Idiots of the Year...........

> >**************************************************************
    When his 38-caliber revolver failed to fire at its intended victim during a holdup in Long Beach, California, would- be robber James Elliot did something that could only inspire wonder: He peered down the barrel and tried the trigger again. This time it worked.
    > >
    The chef at a hotel in Switzerland lost a finger in a meat-cutting machine and, after a little hopping around,
    submitted a claim to his insurance company. The company, suspecting negligence, sent out one of its
    men to have a look for himself. He tried the machine out and lost a finger. The chef's claim was approved.
    > >
    A man who shoveled snow for an hour to clear a space for his car during a blizzard in Chicago, returned with his vehicle, only to find a woman had taken the parking space. You guessed it, he (understandably) shot her.
    > >
    After stopping for drinks at an illegal bar, a Zimbabwean bus driver found that the 20 mental patients he was supposed to be transporting from Harare to Bulawayo had escaped. Not wanting to admit his incompetence, the driver went to a nearby bus-stop and generously offered everyone waiting there a free ride. He then delivered the unsuspecting passengers to the mental hospital, telling the staff that the patients were highly excitable and prone to bizarre fantasies. The driver's clever deception wasn't discovered for three days.

Damn I love that one...
    > >
    An American teenager was admitted to the hospital recently, suffering from serious head wounds reportedly delivered by an on-coming train. When asked under what circumstances he had received the injuries, the young man calmly told police that he was trying to see how close he could get his head to a moving train before he (albeit deservedly so) was struck.
    > >
    A mother took her teenage daughter to the doctor and requested an examination in the hopes of determining a cause for the girl's swollen abdomen. It only took the physician a short time before announcing, much to the mom's chagrin, "Your daughter is pregnant."

The mother turned red with fury and she argued with the doctor that her daughter was a good girl and would
    never compromise her reputation by having sex with a boy. The good doctor, consciously deciding against
    any attempt at mollification, turned to face the window and quietly studied the horizon. The mother became
    enraged and demanded, "Stop gazing out the damn window! Haven't you been paying attention to me?"

"Yes, indeed, I was paying attention ma'am. It's just that the last time this happened, a star miraculously
    appeared in the East, and three wise men came. I was simply wondering if they would show up again.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

LMAO!!!

• acsot
    acsot

Hysterical! Thanks for the needed laugh!

• email
    email

LMAO... So funny...

Edited by - email on 14 January 2003 16:35:35

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

That is great! I'm kinda surprised ol' George Dubya isn't on it but I'm sure he'll have plenty of time to make the list.

• Mum
    Mum

Mary, what is your source for these stories? I want to share them and will be asked where "I" found them.

Thanks!

SandraC

• Mary
    Mary

Geeze, I don't have a clue where they originate from. One of my co-workers emailed it to me today and I thought I'd just post it here to give everybody a good laugh!!

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Thanks Mary for the laugh!!!!

Here is a link to the stories...

http://www.stumps.org/stumps/messages/4005.html

http://www.merel.us/Joker/Joke%20Archive/archive/091902.htm

My Favorite below:

http://www.bigfatfrosty.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/_pages/true.htm

Killer Biscuits :

KILLER BISCUITS WANTED FOR ATTEMPTED MURDER (the actual AP headline!) Linda Burnett, 23, a resident of San Diego, was visiting her in-laws and while there went to a nearby supermarket to pick up some groceries. Several people noticed her sitting in her car with the windows rolled up and with her eyes closed, both hands behind the back of her head. One customer who had been at the store for a while became concerned and walked over to the car. He noticed that Linda's eyes were now open, and she looked very strange. He asked her if she was okay, and Linda replied that she'd been shot in the back of the head, and had been holding her brains in for over an hour. The man called the paramedics, who broke into the car because the doors were locked and Linda refused to remove her hands from her head. When they finally got in, they found that Linda had a wad of bread dough on the back of her head. A Pillsbury biscuit canister had exploded from the heat, making a loud noise that sounded like a gunshot, and the wad of dough hit her in the back of her head. When she reached back to find out what it was, she felt the dough and thought it was her brains. She initially passed out, but quickly recovered and tried to hold her brains in for over an hour until someone noticed and came to her aid. And, yes, Linda is a blonde

Edited by - cassiline on 14 January 2003 20:22:11

• aarque
    aarque

If you want to read more about really dumb things people get themselves into, then check out darwinawards.com.

• heathen
    heathen

Now that was a nice little diversion from the WT idiocy. ROTFLMAO

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit