1-800-GOD

by whyhideit 1 Replies latest jw friends

• whyhideit
    whyhideit

I dialed 1-800-GOD One night while I was very depressed over a doubt of God and needing some spiritual guidance, I dialed 1-800-GOD. The phone rang for what seemed like forever and then a recording picked up and began to speak. "You have reached 1-800-GOD, please choose from the following selections. For help with family, dial 1. For help with health, dial 2. For help with work, dial 3. For request for world peace, dial 4. For divine knowledge, dial 5. For the answers to the universe, dial 7. For depression, dial 8. For overcoming sickness, dial 9. If you doubt the existence of God, dial 10" Well I set there for a minute and went over the selections in my mind once again. Ten? There was no ten on my phone pad, how was I going to overcome my doubt of God. So I read the list again and figured I must of missed something. "There it is, they never listed a selection for 6" So I called the number again and listened to the recording and sure enough, no listing for six. So I hit the six, it sounded like something was happening. I hit the six again, just in case it did not go through the first time. Sounded like I was being transferred, then a tone. So I hit the six again, then a recording came on. "You have realized that our doubt for God selection is not on your phone and chosen to see if six was the selection. In doing so, you have hit 666 which shows that your pursuit of overcoming doubt has turned to the Devil. Your phone number has been blocked, and you will never be able to dial 1-800-GOD again. Have a nice life, until you burn in hell after death." Well I hung up the phone, a little distort over my condemnation. I really felt terrible. Here I was just trying to figure out this system to overcome doubt, and I ended up turning evil and supporting the Devil. I set for what seemed like days, and then I was watching television and a commercial came on. "Are you wondering what it is all about, trying to put the pieces together. Then 1-800-PAGAN is the answer for you." After my last phone call I was a little reluctant to try another, but I did. I picked up the phone and the phone rang and rang. Then it picked up. "Welcome to 1-800-PAGAN. For information on why we are here and what we need to know, dial 1." That was all their was. So I hit the only selection, one, and waited. Then my cell phone started ringing and I picked it up. "Hello" I set there for a minute. The selection at 1-800-PAGAN had directed the answers back to me. Finally, a selection that made sense and did not condemn me for trying to figure out this whole mess. I hung up the phone and no longer felt lost.

• Witch Child
    Witch Child

That is so cute!

~Witch

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit