questions re: CD

by og 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• og
    og

Two questions: Is there a CD now being used by JWs more recent than the 1999 CD? If so, has anyone on this board checked how it handles the Johannes Greber material compared to the 1999 CD?

Apologies if this is in a previous thread.

Thanks all.

• og
    og

bttt

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Yes, the Watchtower Library 2001 edition is now available, though they only distribute it to active JW's (don't ask how I got mine).

When looking something up on the CD, I use the "Search" function, rather than referring to the Index. Just now, I ran a search on "Greber" and came up with all the references, from 1955 when they acknowledged that he was a spiritualist, to 1956 when they stated that spirits had helped him translate the Bible, to 1962, 1975 and 1976, where, in different instances, they used his translation to support the NWT renderings, all the way to 1983, when they suddenly " deemed it improper to make use of a translation that has such a close rapport with spiritism." It's all there, and it all comes up using the search feature.

All these instances are not, however, reflected in the version of the Index on the disc, which has only this entry:

Greber:

close rapport with spiritism: w83 4/1 31
    John 1:1: w62 554

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Edited by - NeonMadman on 14 January 2003 10:0:5

• og
    og

Thanks NM. IOW, they repeated the duplicity of the '99 CD.

• hooberus
    hooberus

Is it possible for someone to burn a copy of the new WT CD?

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    Thanks NM. IOW, they repeated the duplicity of the '99 CD.

I think that the duplicity actually originates with the printed version of the Index, which is simply reproduced on the CD-ROM. That's exactly why I use the "search" feature; it appears to operate automatically, and will come up with all references to the search term, not just the ones they want you to find.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit