New Movies

by meadow77 7 Replies latest social entertainment

• meadow77
    meadow77

One of my favorite things to do when I'm not getting carpel tunnel, is going to movies. Of course that could also be because there are limited activities here in Wichita. Since people start threads at different times about movies they've seen, I thought I would start thread where people could give suggestions for recent movies that they have seen. The best movie I've seen recently was Catch Me If You Can. Leo is a hottie, and is brilliant in this movie. Of course Tom Hanks is his usual great self. The movie was interesting, and funny, and also sad. They say if you can make people cry and laugh in the same movie, you got a hit. Plus it's probably even better since it's based on a true story.

• SLOAN
    SLOAN

I LOVE movies almost as much as I love music!! Haven't seen anything outstanding recently, but will be seeing Catch Me If You Can soon.

Some of my All Time Favorites: Shawshank Redemption/ Scent of a Woman/ The Green Mile too many to name.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Over the holidays, I went to see the "Gangs of New York," starring Leonarda DiCaprio. Lots of blood and gore, but historically interesting. For a synopsis see

http://www.hollywood.com/movies/detail/movie/370433

• meadow77
    meadow77

I saw Adaptation with Nicholas Cage and Meryl Streep today. It's a little on the different side, but I thought it was fabulous. Definitly one of those movies that you could watch again to catch different levels, and one heck of an ending.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Hi Meadow

I love movies too...and I love reading books and then watching the movie.

Last week I took my 12 year old to see Hot Chick...that was a good show if you feel like some light entertainment. I saw Ghost Ship recently...I wasn't terribly impressed with it...a bit of a strange story...but I'm not one for blood and guts.

I watched Dragon Fly on DVD the other day, that was quite good, not great, but okay. I didn't think much of The Majestic, you have to be in the mood for a slow movie before you watch that one. And I saw Snow Dogs...your typical Disney show...pretty far fetched story line, but a good kids show. I'm a bit too long in the tooth for Disney shows now

If anyone makes any movies based on Wilbur's books, I'd surely be interested cos Danielle Steele movies are so suckie!!

~Beck~

• wasasister
    wasasister

Sloan:

You must be a Stephen King fan??

• Funchback
    Funchback

Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers was excellent. It is packed with action and adventure.

Catch Me If You Can was very good. It had some funny parts and the criminal character was a very clever fellow.

Two Weeks Notice was funny but I recommend that you wait for the video.

• meadow77
    meadow77

I agree that two weeks notice was a nice light comedy. I thought it had some really funny parts, but I would probably recommend renting it too. One of the greatest movies I have seen lately was on video. We rented A Beautiful Mind. I know you can't believe I just now saw it. I really wanted to see it, but I knew it was going to be really long and depressing. I have to be in a certain mood to watch stuff like that. After watching it, I can't believe it took me this long. It was just a fantastic story. Sometimes real stories are even more amazing than anything you could make up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit