my 2cents on the reason for keeping tabs on inactive

by poopie 16 Replies latest jw friends

• poopie
    poopie
    I think there is. 2 schools of thoght on the reasons why they want records on inactive school 1.round this loose ends up we have to many fadeing and getting amnesty we want to keep tabs on them because they have influence on those still active so tighten up no loopholes make them pay for leaving the organization, school2.these are sincerely. Intrested in helping those who hate our guts because we treated them in an unloveing way or they feel your just are a little stupid and let the loveing shepards help you so it is intresting i also think the circuit ovetseers and yes men have hoodwinked the gb into thinking everthing is just dandy in spirtual paradise these reasons why some ate inactive will be eye opening to some of the gb and hopefully they will see people as fellow humans and not stupid little chilldren that need a human master.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Personally, I think there's a simpler explanation...

...that they're considering taking a blanket action against faders in the near future... say, regarding them as having "disassociated" themselves if they've been inactive for X amount of time.

• Londo111
    Londo111
    It may be a little from option a, a little from option b.
  • SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

Vidiot:

I hope you're wrong, that would cause a lot of good people here a lot of distress, however I am inclined to agree with you.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

VIDIOT:

You might be right and if it happens, it happens.

But I feel sorry for all the people here who have relatives in this hateful religion.

I just have a measly two active friends there who might stop bothering with me and while this might make me sad, I will get over it knowing it is well and truly over. No more weighing my words around anybody ever again!

• LV101
    LV101

Nothing surprises me w/this sick cult. They certainly don't care about society's opinion of them (their loss!) nor following Jesus' footsteps which is all lip service. Many people who know very little about the cult are aware of their evil shunning practices -- all I ever heard and still do from time to time.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

It's funny.

When I first joined the forum, I suggested that very thing in my intro post, and no one thought it was possible.

I'd say we're a lot closer to it now than we were then, though; it's definitely the kind of passive/aggressive thing we've come to expect from them.

• out4good4
    out4good4

I could care less if I was part in parcel of a mass disassociation.

Depending upon the attitude of my wife, it would have the potential to be far more devastating to her than it would be for me.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Considering just how embarrassing it's becoming being associated with JWs (due, obviously, to recent developments), maybe it's for the best, actually.

• Mad Irishman
    Mad Irishman

I know a lot of elders. Nobody is keeping tabs on anyone. Their lives are too busy and they can hardly keep their heads above water.

But perhaps Roger Goodell is going to become a witness and he's going to stomp on all the inactive records so nobody can find out how many there really are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit