I wonder if the GB ever check this board to get a grasp of how the rank & file (the hanger-oners like me) really feel about things or even curious as to why so many have left the organization. There are many elders and ministerial servants that post here because they are so frustrated with what is going on. I think that they would really like to see a change, a reform of some sort. One of the things I always enjoyed about being a JW was the fact that no matter where you went in the world, if you discovered that someone else was a JW there was an instant bond. Even now, all of us that post here feel a bond with one another because we are or were or almost became a JW. It was always IMHO an exclusive club that we belonged to. At least that is how I felt growing up. That closeness you felt to another JW is slowing slipping away. The past few years I have felt that maybe I somehow became invisible when I walked into the Kingdom Hall because not one person would acknowledge my presence. So missing meetings became easier and easier because I felt like nobody would know or care if I was even there.
Anyway, it just seems to me that maybe the head honchos at Brooklyn might drop into this message board from time to time and perhaps get a grasp of what's really going on within the organization. If they did, maybe the Kingdom Halls would be filling to the brim instead of thinning out.
On the off chance that they might read this post, here are a few of my suggestions that might help things out.
1. Drop the disfellowshipping thing. It's cruel and unusual punishment, plus it only works on a small percentage.
2. Drop some of the meetings, they are extremely boring and redundant.
3. Lighten up on the brothers, the meetings are suppose to build one's faith, not make them feel like they will never measure up.
4. Drop counting time as it is totally inaccurate. Driving around for 3 hours looking for someone to talk to is not witnessing, it is driving around for 3 hours.
5. Spend more time sharing the real good news about Christ.
This is just a preview of what is running through my brain. There are many more things that I could list but these were the big ones for me.