Earthquakes, eclipse at jesus death?

by seedy3 0 Replies latest watchtower bible

• seedy3
    seedy3

Ok this is from another thread, on Daniel and is off topic but I said I would start another thread on this topic, I felt it was so far off of the book of Daniel topic it needed it's own thread.

Swedishchef said in the other thread found here http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=43989&page=3&site=3

Matthew 27:46,51 "Now from the sixth hour there was darkness over all the land unto the ninth hour...And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;"

The darkness, which was like looking through extra-strong sun glasses, seems to have pervaded the world at this hour. Phlegon wrote that in the fourth year of the two hundred and second Olympiad, there was a great darkness over Europe, surpassing anything that had ever been seen. At midday, he said, the stars could be seen. At the same time an earthquake caused much damage in Nicaea. Tertullian said later that he found in records of Rome a notation of worldwide darkness which the statesmen of the Empire could not explain.

Ok I have never seen any evidence for this, prior to now, and would be very interested to know where it came from and how this was determined. I will research it in my AM tomorrow (Sunday) and give a reply to this statement

Seedy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit