Funny encounter at work

by respectful_observer 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

I just had a meeting with a client and we both paused to watch a group outside of the conference room present a cake to a group of colleagues. I made the comment that it seemed to be a pretty frequent event in their offices. His response: "Yeah, it happens all the time here, but not in our group. Our group is basically the 'Jehovah's Witnesses' of the floor. We don't celebrate anything."

Since he's never mentioned his religion, I've never mentioned mine. It gave me a good laugh, though. Just to be safe, I did ask him if that was because there were Jehovah's Witnesses in the group. He didn't think so. Better to know now if there were!

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome
    Pretty funny. But goes to show that with all their door knocking and now standing around with the carts, the Witnesses are more likely known because they don't celebrate holidays and not for any "good news" they are preaching. And this was a rather negative reference to the JWs. Lovin' it!
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Yeah, I love that for all the gloating about billions of hours spent preaching, the public's perception is basically "oh those are the weird people that wake me up on saturday morning and don't celebrate holidays"

A few years ago, while I was still an indoctrinated JW I worked for a company that got a lot of contracts for the USPS, which at the time was (probably still is) having some monetary troubles and one of my coworkers joked "They should just give the mail to the jehovah's witnesses to cut costs - they're coming through the neighborhood anyway!"

I was glad that I had never told them that I was a JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit