Let the Rumors Fly!

by NaruNaruChan 4 Replies latest jw friends

• NaruNaruChan
    NaruNaruChan

So, I was talking to my best non-jw guy friend about random stuff when he said "What's apostate literature?" and I said "?? Why do you know that word?" and he said " Well, ron (Ron being one of my old JW friends) asked if I'd gotten any from you."

I was basically floored, hearing then that rumor has it that I am this great big apostate since I got Dfed three months ago for being a homosexual and that I picket conventions, etc. I DO NO SUCH THING. I give a crap about JWs and their BS conventions, etc. I thought it was funny, though. Anybody else have rumors spread about you when you left the Borg? Granted, I am an apostate by the JW definition because I hate the organization and all it stands for, but I don't preach about it. Oh yeah, and the story gets better. My friend Ron offered a study to my best non jw guy friend, and he accepted, but ONLY because he thinks he can convert Ron back. Isn't that hilarious?! God, what a buncha crap. Anyway, that's my stress.

Gayle

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Sounds like you may have grounds for a Slader lawsuit.

• ugg
    ugg

it never ends does it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Sounds like you may have grounds for a Slader lawsuit.

Yes you do, but those are notoriously difficult to win.

But they are a piece of work, aren't they? It's like they can't leave you alone. Good grief, get a life already!

• jws
    jws

Funny that they think that everybody has to hand out literature. Either you're a JW handing out Watchtowers and Awakes or your an ex-JW handing out apostate literature.

And how many, if they weren't once a JW would even care about anti-JW literature?

When my dad was announcing with glee the trouble the Catholic church was in over the molestation scandals (and this was still a few months before Bill Bowen and the Dateline story broke), I took the air out of his sails a bit by asking if he had heard about all of the JW molestation scandals. And, after getting very uncomfortable (as he always does with any anti-JW subjects), he told me that he heard there were a lot of apostates in my state and asked whether I was mixed up with them.

How he forgets. He knows I've told him 1914 is bogus. We've discussed the double standards within the org, how manmade they are, how falliable, how we shouldn't follow them, how we don't need them to worship God. That's all pretty apostate by itself, and that's from a dozen years ago, even before I moved to this supposedly "apostate" infested state.

In truth, I've never been to an apostafest and so far only know apostates on-line. And I see there's a few in the area, but so many from farther places like the UK, Australia and California.

Dad is so worried about the "apostates". Can't he see I'm already one?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit