CO layoff buzz. Anyone heard anything?

by freemindfade 16 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I keep expecting the GB to put visit rotations at yearly. This would eliminate the need for 50 percent of the COs.

For the other semi-annual visit, they could use the substitute-COs (CO wanna-be's) in each circuit, or adjacent circuits.

Follow the Money!

Doc

• cha ching
    cha ching
    In our area, western U.S., as we were leaving, they had started to use the substitute 'temporary' CO's more and more...
  • berrygerry
    berrygerry

I could envision a Circuit "Manager" who visits twice per year, making sure that "Caesar's requirements" are followed (are you sending in money to the Branch properly?), which visits would only take about 2 days - so he could do 2 to 3 congos per week.

The Circuit "Encourager" could then concentrate his efforts on "spiritual matters" (recruiting) for 1 full week every 9 months.

• greenhornet
    greenhornet
    One good thing is maybe when Wachtower gives them the shaft they will come on this site and share some war stories with us.
  • Calebs Airplane
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Any lurking COs here?

You better be making new "career" plans.

The WTS is gonna dump your butt out on the street just like they did all the old Bethelites.

Good luck!

Doc

The greatest revenge is living a happy & successful life!

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

Let's evaluate what we know:

District overseers were being done away with
    Circuit Overseer maximum age has now been set to 70
    During the CO visit, there would only be one weekday meeting
    The new service year starts Tuesday September 1st

One task of the CO is to control all records

Circuit Assemblies have been reduced to one day

My assumptions on the above are:
    Most DO's (under 70) will accept a CO role and are likely to have first pick
    All records are submitted online via JW.ORG nowadays, so less work for the CO
    Having only one weekday meeting, I can imagine that a CO could visit two neighboring congregations at the same time.
    This would allow Bethel to eliminate half of the Circuit Overseers.

We have been speculating on this for years, looks like it may finally be happening. From a business perspective, this downsizing makes total sense. The only shocking thing is how this is handled. I hope most CO's invested their green handshakes wisely.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit