Response from the folks at 'MEETUP'

by Intuit39 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• Intuit39
    Intuit39

We had a great 'meetup' in Cincinnati last Saturday. One little problem, the folks at Meetup.com sent an email out to everyone at the last minute informing us that it had been cancelled due to too few rsvp's.

Since I had already contacted friends who are not part of meetup, we went ahead with our plans, and I emailed meetup.com to see if there was some way to notify people that it was going to be held anyway. This is the shitty response I got back:

Hello

We will not be emailing people to let them know of a Meetup that we are not organizing. Since it is our responsibility we will not endorse someone telling us that "their" Meetup is still on.

It is impossible to set up Meetup's and organize people who do not know each other on a month to month basis without some kind of system we can keep track of.

If you guys don't vote, don't rsvp what are we suppose to tell the venue, that has not even been chosen? That they may or may not have a group of 4-15 people? This obviously would not please them.

By removing yourself from Meetup you will be stuck with the group you have now. No new members will join because they will not know about your group. That is rather elitist and if your happy with the few friends you have made than I guess our job is done.

If you have at least 10 people going all you have to do is make sure at least 4 vote and rsvp. How hard can that be?

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns!

Regards,

Claudia Santiso

User Relations Coordinator

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

Good Lord!!! Was this person having a very bad day?

We will not be emailing people to let them know of a Meetup that we are not organizing. Since it is our responsibility we will not endorse someone telling us that "their" Meetup is still on.
    By removing yourself from Meetup you will be stuck with the group you have now. No new members will join because they will not know about your group. That is rather elitist and if your happy with the few friends you have made than I guess our job is done.

If I understood what you meant Intuit- you basically were going to go ahead and "meet up" anyway and simply wanted to know if anyone else who had been cancelled was still interested in a get together. Did I read you correctly? What is the harm in that?? HEEELLLLLOOOO?

Sounds like Claudia feels very threatened by you and others wanting to get together outside of their "control". What, does someone think that you'll have a mutiny of some sort over coffee or beers?

If Claudia is the "User Relations Coordinator" it would appear that there must be others holding various organizational roles within this group and I would suggest contacting them and forwarding this ugliness to them. If they concur with her response to you- I'd ditch the whole group.

Sad really- just some folks trying to get together for some fun and fellowship. Sorry this happened to you Intuit!!

XW

• ugg
    ugg

good grief!!!!!!!! some one forgot their happy pills!!!!!!

• outnfree
    outnfree

That is the WORST response from a Customer Relations Department that I have ever seen!!!! Not only is it rude, but it is unprofessional in grammar and language--filled with expressions that my TEENAGERS use to put their peers in place--and seemingly unconcerned with the continuance of Meet-Up's customer base!

By all means, write to Ms. Santiso's superiors! Let's hope you get a 'superior' response! (Shouldn't be difficult! )

• Gopher
    Gopher

Is this Claudia person a Watchtower mole? Geez, how disruptive!!

I have found it's easier to organize apostofests simply through use of an ongoing e-mail list and then adding names as people hear about it, either through this forum or through word of mouth. It's not at all elitist -- anyone who finds out can come (if they're up to a really fun time).

• gumby
    gumby

xenawarrior,

Do you not appreciate authority? There must be control at all expenses! No wonder you failed as a dub.......you don't appreciate authority!!! These people that went "ahead" of things are selfish and pridefull........don't become "like them".

• outnfree
    outnfree

Intuit,

Would you have been as dismayed if you had gotten THIS [hypothetical] response?

Hello.

We are very happy to hear that a group of people from outside the Meetup community are going to meet as a result of your involvement with our service. Unfortunately, our system is not set up to handle exceptions such as yours when the minimum number of actual Meetup members planning to attend is met.

Another difficulty is that we have made arrangements with the suggested venues who are hoping to have the business we send their way each month. Im not sure if your group intended to meet at the venue chosen for this months Meetup or not. The Meetup service will have difficulty continuing these arrangements if alternative locations are chosen by Meetup members and their friends independently of our program.

As a result, we are unable to contact list members last minute to advertise your group. What we would like to suggest is that you encourage your friends to join Meetup and to RSVP in a timely manner each month so that all can benefit from the program. Also, if you prefer a different venue, there is a link on the Meetup website where you can suggest alternative meeting places.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Regards,

User Relations Coordinator

(would it hurt to call us customers?)

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

On the meet-up board it said we had 6 people sign up. But we got a letter saying it was cancelled because we didn't have enough people sign up. Go figure

• TR
    TR

I'm blowing out "Meetup" because they won't allow the few that respond to pick their own meetup place. Suggestions don't seem to help. They suck.

TR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit