if theres a reason to doubt.doubt!

by rowdy 4 Replies latest jw friends

• rowdy
    rowdy

i sit here and wonder, if i only would have went on my gut feeling years ago but i didnt. just the way everthing was handled from top to bottom the lives they have destoyed. its amazing, when you reflect. thanks i am just pondering.

• Matty
    Matty

Didn't you dismiss that "gut feeling" as just Satan having a pop at you? I certainly did.

• rowdy
    rowdy

things from the 60s 70s 80 90s, yes your right, its that good old satan hes really good huh!

• Matty
    Matty

Satan is the ultimate trump card - he is played whenever you feel guilt, whenever you doubt that the Witnesses have "the truth", whenever you are fearful to go the preaching work and present the "good news", whenever you are in hospital and you feel diffident about your "no blood" stance - pretty much whenever you face any kind of conflict against your faith.

Then you find out that everything you've previously attributed to Satan is actually your conscience and your common sense - the only part of you left that hasn't been indoctrinated - and you've been struggling to fight those thoughts away all this time.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I had red flags going up left and right when I was studying Watchtowerism. Like a lot of people, I ignored them.

The WT offered something I desperately needed at the time - structure.

I'd probably be dead from suicide if I hadn't become a JW. But I'm glad I finally had the courage to finally start paying attention to those red flags.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit