Eman;I don't want to oppose you but.......

by termite 35 8 Replies latest jw friends

• termite 35
    termite 35

Saturday, 5.30...we've sharpened our blades and we're ready..!!!!

GOOD LUCK

www.sufc.co.uk

Edited by - termite 35 on 8 January 2003 19:57:21

• Hancock
    Hancock

Termite,

Well done last night putting one over on whinger Houiller. Still haven't forgiven you though for the similair job on my team - but we didn't have a second leg to come back.

Best wishes,

Hancock.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Good grief! A Yorkist, egad!

Hi, Termite. Well you caught me by surprise there, what with you supporting the Blades and all.

As it happens, some while back, I watched a Sheffield United v Pompey game at Bramhall Lane whilst sat in the directors box! I had a pal who was a SU fan, and he arranged for us both to travel up together. It was great, we were even served soup and rolls at half-time from bone china bowls.

This particular game is being shown live on Sky Sports. I'll be thinking of you.

Commiserations in advance!

Englishman.

• termite 35
    termite 35

Hancock- Sorry about that but we're on a bit of a run at the moment

Neil Warnock actually broke into a smile at one point, so it was a memorable night

Eman;Glad to hear you had a good day up there; we're a friendly bunch if you're sitting in the right seats ! I feel another Tonge lashing coming o i'm afraid...... I had a friend tape the match for me and watched it late last night ; he's also taping sat's.

My Great grandfather played for England and Sheffield and so we went up to donate the FA cup final medal we had to their museum. we went out on the pitch at half time to hand it over and have a photo- it was a great day. We're up again in April for a VIP day out and my son's going to be a mascot, i'm more excited than he is !

Enjoy Saturday

Edited by - termite 35 on 9 January 2003 13:49:21

• Hancock
    Hancock

OK Termite we've forgotten it already. Still in gratitude to Brian Gayle Apr 26th 1992. Went to the pub first, then the match and still got back in time for the meeting if I remember righty. What dedication.

• Englishman
    Englishman
    My Great grandfather played for England and Sheffield

As Olivia Newton John would say, tell me more!

My great-grandfather played for Crewe Alexandra. Jim Bennett.

Englishman.

• termite 35
    termite 35

Hi Hancock - dedication to the meeting times or your team? !

I'm surprised you went to a match and were allowed to get away with it - we were frowned on in our cong for showing a 'fan' attitude towards anything other than the org. I was given a little chat about the word and told that a 'fan' or as they clarified it.. a 'devotee', could'nt have two 'masters'... you can see where that was leading can't you !!??

Eman; i'll mail you about my grandfather- he was quite a character- a true Yorkshireman!

• Hancock
    Hancock

Termite,

Dedicated to both at the time - now its only Leeds. Know what you mean about it not being approved. My PO (& father in law) said " do you think it (Elland Road) is the sort of place an appointed man should be attending? Is the atmosphere conducive to your spirtuality?"

He, by the way, was no hypocrite. He turned down a corporate freebie to see his team at Elland Road so because it would have meant missing part of the Sat morning ministry!

Good luck in the 2nd leg.

Hancock.

• Englishman
    Englishman

When I was actually living in Portsmouth I would go to watch all the home matches.

Like most fans, I had my favourite spot, and as standing was permitted then, I would find myself in the same place almost every fortnight.

Over the years, as we all did the same thing, a peculiar phenomenon occurred. I would stand with my pal, also called Mike, in front of Dixon Heans and Larry Parker who were the PO and asst. PO respectively. When pal Mike got DF'd, he still stood in the same spot next to mine, but I then ignored him, being well aware that PO and asst PO were stood a few rows back and could see me. On the odd occasions when Pompey actually scored, Mike and I would erupt into a loud Y-E-E-S! and slap each other on the back before I apologised to him for acknowledging his existence. Dixon and Larry could acknowledge him, being elders and all, but I couldn't.

It got even more complicated when my blown-up pal- also called Larry BTW - became disfellowshipee elect and also started attending the matches.http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=17752&site=3

Englishman.

Edited by - Englishman on 10 January 2003 9:18:11

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit