FireFly

by Mystla 4 Replies latest social entertainment

• Mystla
    Mystla

Did any one else here catch the short lived series "FireFly" on Fox?

It was kind of a western sci-fi combo and, in my opinion, the best thing to happen to TV in years. It was on just before "John Doe" which had a some potential but quickly crapped out. Fox, in all it's wisdom, decided to keep "John Doe" and cancel FireFly. They showed the pilot last, instead of first, and after they had decided to cancel it... kinda backwards.

There is some talk of UPN picking up the series, but I'm not holding my breath.

I don't think I really have a point here, i'm just really disapointed.

Mystla

• BadJerry
    BadJerry

Watched it a couple of times. It sure was better than anything else on Friday night - that time-slot. My teenage sons all made time to watch it, but the youngest one couldn't tear himself (or his mother) away from AFV. Thank god we didn't throw out all the tv's when that elder suggested it!

• Mystla
    Mystla

Is it just me, getting old and all, or is there a severe shortage of good shows to watch these days? Farscape is the only show that I really feel i don't want to miss, the rest I can miss and not think twice about it. And, like FireFly, Farscape has been canceled, after this season it, too, will be history. The new Star Trek is alright, but not great. and most sitcoms have gone to hell (IMO)

Maybe it's just as well that I have things to do other than watch tv (like this board )

Mystla

p.s. thanks BadJerry for posting on my thread, I was starting to feel sorry for myself

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

BTW Farscape wasn't cancled because it didn't get viewers, it was cancled because of production costs, I think over a million an episode. But people are trying to get Sci-Fi to continue it. One can only hope, I think it is, probibly the best Sci-Fi show on TV right now.

Edited by - Trauma_Hound on 19 January 2003 2:38:48

• Mystla
    Mystla

Maybe if $ci-fi hadn't spent all it's money buying the rights to Stargate....

From what I hear they have already completely dismantled the sets, etc. for Farscape, I don't think there is any hope of it's continuing after this season.

Maybe I should find some way to fry a few brain cells so I can enjoy shows like Buffy the vampire Layer (sorry to any buffy fans)

Mystla

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit