'TAKEN' BBC 2 Saturday 11th 9pm

by nicolaou 4 Replies latest social entertainment

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Have any of you lovely yanks seen this yet? What did you think of it?

Steven Spielberg, the creator of the show, had a very distinct vision for the project:

"I've always been interested in the genre and I thought I couldn't acquit this genre in a two hour or two hour and fifteen minute long movie. We would all need a lot more patience and a lot more time to really do the history of alien abductions starting back in 1947 right to today which is what Taken is about - the history of alien abductions. [...] I believe what will keep people tuned in hopefully is that the characters are very compelling and you watch these characters evolve and age before your eyes and give birth to special children who themselves have a purpose in our story."

• Dolphin57
    Dolphin57

I was obessed over Taken!! For those nights, it came on at 9, I was parked in front of my TV. I loved the way it webbed the story, I was so into how each character would turn out or what role they had. It was fantastic. I cant say enough about it. I loved the characters and I loved the ending. You will be hooked. You have to let me know what you think! I am a huge Spielberg fan and this blew me away. I am into sci fi and I have never seen anything like it. Im going on and on, I feel like a nerd!! LOL. Let me know!! *hugs*

• Shakita
    Shakita

I work at night, so I didn't get to see it. Oh, well, I am sure it will be on again.

Besides, my friend here, Bob, can give me a first hand account:

• Trotafox
    Trotafox

Didn't miss a single episode. It was great. It wasn't just a one-night movie, though. As I recall, I think it was about 10 nights. I can't remember. 2 hours each and worth it!

Trot

• blondie
    blondie

It was great! You'll love it! 20 hours to develop a story is much better than 2 or 3 hours. Each 2 hour segment had a different director although one man wrote it.

Blondie (it was worth the wait)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit