"We don't run a spy network"

by OrphanCrow 31 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Listener
    Listener
    It's a very odd thing for the leader of an organisation to say at the royal commission. It would seem that Jackson thinks it looks like they do.
  • wozza
    wozza

Pope Jackson said "We don't run a spy network" and..."We don't run a police state."

I say if this were true, how come years ago a PO of my congregation asked me to another brothers house ,and asked me to hack the files on the bro computer to find evidence for her alleged infidelities so they could disfellowship her from a Queensland congregation.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

"We don't run a spy network" and..."We don't run a police state".

I don't care who can identify me so...

In the mid to late 1970s I was volunteering at the Kingdom Hall of the Northwood congregation in the city of North Hollywood, California refurbishing the seats. When we took our break I sat down on one of the seats and a couple of Ministerial Servants were seated in front of me. They were speaking to each other and one of them said, "We need to stay up pretty early in the morning when we go to sister's ****** house."

They were planning to surveil her house in order to see when so and so went in and out of her house.

That's standard operating procedure for them.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Pope Jackson said "We don't run a spy network" and..."We don't run a police state".

Semantics. The WBT$ is like a watered down north Korea anyway.

My reply: 'But your holiness, my lord and master pope wacko Jacko, what do you run? In front of the ARC you didn't seem to know yourself.'

• done4good
    done4good

OrphanCrow-Pope Jackson said "We don't run a spy network" and..."We don't run a police state". Well...he can call it a tuna fish sandwich if he likes, but....it smells like a skunk just walked by.

Just a straw man argument used to distract and to deflect accountability away from themselves on the core issue. They have never dealt with abuse as a crime. That is the problem. Period. Most religious organizations are unaware of abuse among their members, not because of an unwillingness to report it to the authorities, but rather because there is no internal policing of members' behaviors outside of what takes place in the church directly. The WTS is different precisely because they do police behaviors, and as such are fully aware of abuse in their organization. They hide behind the law, when it does not require them to report. According to Jackson, they seem to have no problem with this. Yes, the law is flawed in many countries, (including the US), but one would think a religious organization that touts itself as having a superior moral compass would know better. WTS has no such compass, and are morally bankrupt. Jackson's own words are self-damning.

The really sad part about it, is they have no idea how morally bankrupt they appear to all onlookers in society.

d4g

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    done4good: Just a straw man argument used to distract and to deflect accountability away from themselves on the core issue.

Jackson slipped up in a big way by saying "we don't run a police state" and "we don't run a spy network".

The number one rule for a witness that is being examined is this: do not give more information than you are asked for. Do not supply the prosecution with the "accusation" before they do. Jackson was the one who gave this information sans prompting. Bad move on Jackson's part and a prosecutor's dream - to have the witness state the crime themselves without having to accuse them of anything.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    OCrow - Bad move on Jackson's part and a prosecutor's dream

Then I hope this rebounds on the WBT$ in a way that will serve justice to abuse victims and prevent there being further victims.

His holiness watchtower rock star pope wacko Jacko is a sleazeball.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    They don't run an official spy network but every Org zombie is only to happy to report apostate behavior because it protects their beloved WBTS, but not anything which could incriminate it. So perhaps a voluntary spy network which of course suits the Org perfectly - anything that is voluntary affords the Org plausible deniability.
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

Millie: If a person were to be objective as a believer, the evidence would indicate the Holy Spirit is working against them.

True dat!

What a fantastic comment. The logic of this observation and it's conclusion is compelling. And yet the average JW will not be able to see it because of the powerful indoctrination which they have received, indoctrination and mind-control which prevents any thoughts which are in any way critical of the religion.

Let's review: It's a cult!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Millie - "If a person were to be objective as a believer, the evidence would indicate the Holy Spirit is working against them."

Objectivity is pure poison to fundamentalism.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit