Convention in Denton, TX

by Boeing Stratofortress 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Boeing Stratofortress
    Boeing Stratofortress

Anyone going to the convention this weekend in Denton, TX?

It'd be great if there were some signs, or even some peaceful, silent protests organized to coincide with the event. I'm thinking that a good 'template' might be the billboard design (located in Texas, but far from this event). Imagine numerous signs along the road leading to the event, with JWAWAKE.COM, or JWFACTS.COM in bold print!! Maybe add the pic of the woman with her mouth covered up, as on the billboard. This would be great timing too, just after G Jackson's appearance at the Royal Commission down under. There are no-doubt whispers of that inquiry, and along with rattled nerves and heated discussions cropping up amongst family members. So, a great opportunity to pounce!

• Boeing Stratofortress
    Boeing Stratofortress

Just don't use "JWTRUTH dot com," which appeared on a prototype billboard, since it's not a legitimate site.

• Israel Ricky Gonzales
    Israel Ricky Gonzales
    I live an hour south of Denton. I used to go there for assemblies. I know my JW wife already went to her convention last month in Irving. Normally the conventions are held in Fort Worth, but that site is in limbo if FW is going to renovate or demolish.Thisconvention must be a small group, perhaps a foreign language group, as this assembly hall holds less than 2,000.
  • Boeing Stratofortress
    Boeing Stratofortress

Oh...you might be right! I know they've had Spanish assemblies there before.

You mentioned the Ft. Worth location being demolished. I wonder if it was sold for the property value, and whether they're going to build a replacement somewhere. Or...is it part of the maximize profit/cut losses downsizing that some are talking about?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit