For All Australians Present: How are Australian JWs Reacting to the Royal Commission?

by Littleleslie 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Littleleslie
    Littleleslie

Hi Everyone:

I was just wondering how were the baptized Jehovah's Witnesses responding to the Royal Commission Inquiry.

I know there must be a number of Australians present here that could tell us this.

I was especially wanting to know how the Jehovah's Witnesses were taking the testimony of the Governing Body member Geoffrey Jackson?

Thanks for your comments.

Littleleslie

• wozza
    wozza

I'm in Australia and don't have contact with JWs anymore, but I would like to know this as well.

I suspect that many would not know much about this as they would be scared to find out.

• barry
    barry
    I don't have any contact with JWs myself but the saturday after the testimony of Geof Jackson my street was crawling with JWs going door to door. I had never seen so many cars full of JWs in one place. It seemed to me they were getting support in numbers. We were going out and missed talking to them.
  • Witchettygrub
    Witchettygrub

Like others here, I have no contact with JWs anymore - have not spotted them out on the door knocking either in my street.

I do see them sitting at their tables in town with magazines etc. Next time I'll ask them your question.

• Sabin
    Sabin

I think I already posted this on here. basically they were told not to watch it & if asked on the service about it they are to say something like " While I myself have CHOOSEN not to watch the Royal commission, as an organization we are pleased that these matters are being looked into so we will be more able to see where we need to make changes". (kingdom smile). Straight out of the mouth of one of the most intelligent young women I know! I think you will find that ozzy JDub`s live in abit of a bubble, they think it`s only them on the planet.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Sabin - "...basically they were told not to watch it..."

Aussie JWs were told to not watch a Governing Body member provide public testimony?

How exactly would that work?

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

Sabin. Jdubs in Australia think their the only ones in Australia, not on the planet. Everything comes from the American WTBTS, for them. Head office is just an extension of the headquarters in America.

In general the few I know of were initially willing to have a look at it, thinking that the elders would " show them worldly people wot for..................." .Then they went sort of "quiet" as the hearings continued. Now they would rather pretend it never happened....So from where I am I have to agree that they either stopped watching it after they realised it was a well researched investigation and the prognosis was looking rather bad as each elder lost his memory. Tool was outright lying, Jackson backed away from one of their principle FDS teachings............. re god's chosen channel on earth.

They have no grounds to state this or that was "not true" in the light of documents....They will hope the end comes within a few days or so...........My family have suddenly shut up about it.

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

Oh, forgot; the elder I queried said......:" It's a lot easier than I thought it was going to be...much easier. There won't be any problems....". ( This was after the first few days, before the heat was turned up)

Next time I asked about their feelings.......Zero comment. They moved right on past that one.

Justice McClellan, Angus Stewart, the lawyers representing the victims, were flaying them on every lie. They did NOT like it at all. So, I never heard another comment....wonder why?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit