VA shooting suspect was raised a JW! He mentions it on his Twitter account

by WingCommander 324 Replies latest jw friends

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    My experience was with a lot of people who didn't even have jobs living on the streets.
  • Simon
    Simon
    99% of the "mass murder" or "spree killings" like in movie theaters, schools, etc are committed by paranoid, delusional, schizophrenics, who stole weapons from family that they knew legally had them somewhere. The rest are THUGS and gang-bangers, or addicts using weapons to steal money for illegal drugs.

It doesn't matter why they do what they do. The fact is that people having easy access to firearms, especially automatic weapons designed for fast uninterrupted shooting, is what too often changes what would otherwise be some unfortunate incident into a tragedy.

Whether they kill because of mental illness, terrorism, crime, self-promotion or whatever ... they simply couldn't kill so many, so quickly, without having the guns.

I think too many incidents are also excused as being mental issues when they are not. At some point they all are - it's madness to shoot so many people. Nothing excuses it. But we know that too often it's weak-mental reasons - racism, religious intolerance, anger, greed .... not genuine mental illness.

This guy wasn't clinically mad - he was an idiot. The guns amplified his capacity to harm others.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    The guns amplified his capacity to harm others.

ok... take away the guns, would that have changed anything?

when you say "easy access" that has 100% nothing to do with law. its about determination.

I could drive into Canada from america and i guarantee you within 24 hours I could purchase a gun on the street illegally. technically access wouldn't be easy. Easy access is an illusion.

none of you think like criminals, and thats a good thing I suppose. But they love prohibitions. banning things does not make things "harder" for black markets. It makes people richer.

• cappytan
    cappytan

Car bombs were illegal and banned when OKC happened.

Crazy people find ways around laws.

The only thing banning firearms will do is keep sane and law-abiding people from owning them. The crazies and criminals will still find a way.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Shotguns have not been deemed problematic by the anti-gun folks, only semi auto firearms.

How many of you did your do smoke pot where its illegal???

Come on simon, you must imbibe

• Billyblobber
    Billyblobber

Give his other letters that are coming out, I'd definitely say that he had some serious unchecked mental issues, given his ridiculously high amount of paranoia.

Since we can't "fix" the lack of gun control in this country because of the amount that already exist freely, and the amount of lobbying power the NRA has, the next best option is to focus on the underlying mental issues and lack of mental health in the country if the end goal is "less people dying." This is similar to working on the underlying social issues that cause crime in the first place to solve widespread crime issues. But again, that's if someone's focus is to make things better for everyone.

• cappytan
    cappytan
    How many of you did your do smoke pot where its illegal???
    Come on simon, you must imbibe

I wish I could imbibe. sadtrombone.mp3 :-(

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    leavingonthenextplane
    Then i better go get one quick
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

Photo of me and cappy once upon a time

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

F*ck Wal*Mart, I don't shop there anyway!!!!

Also, fully automatic firearms are not legal in the United States unless you possess the proper tax stamps, and MONEY to obtain them. It also requires an extensive, thorough background check and interview. Only people with excessive amounts of money even own fully automatic weapons. Case in point, the HK MP5 9mm sub-machine gun. Full auto runs minimum $15,000, and that's on top of the $500+ BATF tax stamp. You can't even sell conversion kits for full autos, or similar. Open bolts sold must be from 1986 or before, and again are carefully licensed by BATF.

You guys in Cananda, (and many in America), are completely ignorant of our laws and biased due to the ignorant and lazy reporting of the US news media. 99.95% of what people call "assault rifles" and "machine guns", are in fact semi-auto and NOT machine guns. (machine guns are bolt-open) I laugh at the people that don't even understand the classifications for firearms, much less what they are used for.

As has been stated, firearms are NOT the problem. Mental Health of people is the problem. Before OKC bombing, anyone could buy barrels of Ammonium Nitrate. Not so afterward....now it's carefully watched and cataloged, and you'd better be a farmer using the proper amount for your size field!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit