• Watchtower-Free
  • Watchtower-Free
  • Watchtower-Free
  • ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2
    THANK YOUUUU!!!
  • AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN
    OBSFUCATE + PREVARICATE = the same formula from both groups !
  • quincemyles
    quincemyles
    Thank you !
  • under the radar
    under the radar

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing the link.

I wish they had added one last comment at the end where the JWs said that disfellowshipping does not sever the family ties and that normal day to day dealings may continue. That may be technically true, but if and only if the disfellowshipped family member still lives in the household. Anyone else, including parents, children, and other close relatives not living in the same household, is shunned the same as a non-relative.

• Petraglyph
    Petraglyph

Interesting that the Witnesses and Scientology are mentioned together in the same programme.

That may hopefully help wake a few up.

• cappytan
    cappytan

The audio is pretty overmodulated. Is there a better recording?

It's hard enough for us yanks to understand different British accents, but the overmodulation made it virtually impossible for me to follow.

:-( Thanks for the upload, though.

• The Marvster
    The Marvster
    Just finished watching this on Channel 5 'on demand', it was VERY painful to watch and I shed tears a few times... even the Scientology stuff was just too close to home... I can remember being amongst JW's and laughing about Scientology and saying how crazy and fucked up it was, but after watching this, it appears that on comparison there are a lot of similarities between these two organisations. rank and file being 'unworthy', and having to 'work' to build up worthiness, or when asking questions only getting the 'cult's' answers to those questions so that your perception becomes shaped by the indoctrination, being discouraged from forming relationships outside of the organisation, not being allowed to look at the Internet to investigate the religion, being shunned and losing all contact with anyone still inside the organisation etc. I also found it interesting that Scientology referred to the person abandoning the religion or being kicked out as a 'non person' (I gasped when I heard that), it's like they are no more human, or dead, and in JW you get treated like you are dead... there are just so many similarities... I felt that the main difference was that Scientology is more 'physically' forceful and hands on with getting you to do stuff or depriving you of things, but the Governing Body seek to totally brainwash you so totally that it ends up being YOU that do the damage through brainwashing, fear, and guilt.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit