So Now I am an Apostate

by CraigSA 8 Replies latest jw friends

• CraigSA
    CraigSA

Sheesh...First they disfellowship me without even meeting with me at all...And then the other day I call my mom on my annual call home to let her know I am alive and her grandchildren are ok and becasue they were christened in the Methodist church I am now an Apostate, and ..."liable for the second death."

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Don't worry about it bud. We're all 'evil' here, yet seem to be living more fulfilled lives than when we were JWs.

Congrats at finding a new religion. A little structure can be good for kids, only, just don't replace one bad theology for another....in everything, make sure that love for your family supercedes love for the church.

Good luck.

ash

• email
    email

Welcome to the club... and welcome to the board!

• SYN
    SYN

You could probably sue them, but then again, why waste your time and energy on them?

It's probably not worth the effort. Just ignore them, and eventually I promise they will go away.

• Scully
    Scully

Congratulations on your so-called apostate status.

You've probably heard this already, but your kids deserve much better than the kind of "grandmothering" your mom is spouting. With my own children, their only living grandparents are my JW parents, and after seeing how they get treated by my parents, I'd just as soon not expose them to that sort of behaviour.

I sometimes feel envious when I hear other people talk about how close their children are to their grandparents - every child deserves to have someone like that who loves them unconditionally, and who loves to spoil them and do things with them, and goes out of their way to make time for them. I know my kids will never have that kind of relationship with my parents, because "Mother" tells them that to do so will cause them spiritual ruin.

My parents also believe that by shunning me, I will eventually want to go back to the JWs so that they can show love to me and the children again. What they don't seem to comprehend that I don't want or need to be loved conditionally by them or anyone else, and I refuse to subject my children to that mentality. By continuing their little "game" they are pushing me further and further away.

You're in good company here Craig. We feel for you, and understand what you're going through.

Love, Scully

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Yup, welcome to Apostate-ville!

I, too, was disfellowshipped without my attendance at their judicial meeting. I knew about the meeting because there was a message on my phone one day, "We are holding a meeting on <date> to "conclude" this matter."

Based on that comment, I realized that there would be no point in being there. They knew what their "judgment" would be whether I was in attendance or not. I didn't need the drama. So I did a "no show".

Their evidence against me was that an elder's wife saw me and my dance partner leaving a dance . . . together. ooooooooooh! I'm soooooo baaaaaad!

You have friends here. . . take heart!!!

ESTEE

• onacruse
    onacruse

Craig, welcome to the forum!

Craig

(hehe, don't get to do that very often!)

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

Wecome and don't worry Craig, we're all going to die happy!

remember to fear the true God and keep his commandments and I think all will go well for you. He did not have an organization on this earth for us to answer to man. follow your heart.

we DA'd in August after finding out the Gov Body does not receive any more holy spirit than you or I. my hubby was going to do a talk on why things change in the org. when he found the info in the WT 3/1/79 that states that they are no longer inspired. And of course the pedophile issue was a big factor, everthing else fell into place. take care! from Jackie in Nebraska

Edited by - imanaliento on 6 January 2003 12:41:32

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

CraigSA,

Please enjoy your stay!

Yizuman

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit