Did Geoffrey Jackson Commit Perjury, or Just "Spiritual Warfare"?

by The Searcher 41 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

SS - ..."99.9% of times JW children get scolded"

Have you personally investigated 100% of JW households to make this claim?

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

He's lying for Jehovah to the enemy:

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2013809?q=rahab+good+news&p=par

Her ruse worked! The king’s men hurried off in the direction of the fords of the Jordan. (Joshua 2:7) Rahab must have breathed a quiet sigh of relief. Using simple strategy, she had misdirected murderous men who had no right to the truth and she had saved innocent servants of Jehovah.
    Rahab hurried back to her roof and told the two spies what she had done. She also revealed a vital fact: Her people had lost heart and were terrified of the invaders. This piece of good news must have thrilled the spies. Those wicked Canaanites were becoming terrified of the power of Israel’s God, Jehovah! Rahab then revealed something of even greater importance to us. She said: “Jehovah your God is God in the heavens above and on the earth beneath.” (Joshua 2:11) The reports she had heard about Jehovah were enough to teach her at least this much: Israel’s God was worthy of her trust. She put her faith in Jehovah.
    To Rahab, there was no question that Jehovah would give his people the victory. So she begged for mercy, pleading that she and her family be spared. The spies agreed, stipulating that Rahab must keep their secret and must hang a scarlet cord from her window in the city wall so that the soldiers could protect her and her family.—Joshua 2:12-14, 18.
    We can learn an essential truth about faith from Rahab. As the Bible puts it, “faith follows the thing heard.” (Romans 10:17) She heard reliable reports about the power and the justice of Jehovah God, so she put her faith and trust in him. Today, we have far more knowledge about Jehovah available to us. Will we seek to get to know him and put faith in him based on what we learn in his Word, the Bible?
  • SimonSays
    SimonSays

SS - ..."99.9% of times JW children get scolded"

Have you personally investigated 100% of JW households to make this claim? sparrowdown

Have you personally investigated 100% of JW households to prove they didn't?

postulating, more than you'll ever know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

SS... "However, not all children need physical punishment......"

So, by inference, some/most do need physical punishment?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

In biblical times it was the perception that if your children were disobedient, that they should be beaten with a rod like correcting or disciplining sheep to behave a certain way.

If the children kept on their rebellious path they should be killed.

Welcome to the human sociological behavior of the bronze age.

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

Save this quote:

Insight Book

ROD, STAFF

Uses. Rods or staffs were used...to punish children, slaves, or others (Ex 21:20 [“stick,” NW]; Pr 10:13; 23:13, 14; Ac 16:22)

Parental authority.

“Rod” is used also to symbolize the authority of parents over their children.

The book of Proverbs makes many references to this authority, the term symbolizing all forms of discipline used, including the literal rod used for chastisement.

The parent is actually responsible before God to exercise this rod, controlling the child.

If the parent fails in this, he will bring ruination and death to his child and disgrace and God’s disapproval to himself also. (Pr 10:1; 15:20; 17:25; 19:13)

“Foolishness is tied up with the heart of a boy; the rod of discipline is what will remove it far from him.”

“Do not hold back discipline from the mere boy. In case you beat him with the rod, he will not die. With the rod you yourself should beat him, that you may deliver his very soul from Sheol itself.” (Pr 22:15; 23:13, 14)

In fact, “the one holding back his rod is hating his son, but the one loving him is he that does look for him with discipline.”—Pr 13:24; 19:18; 29:15; 1Sa 2:27-36.

http://m.wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200003754#h=4

• defender of truth
    defender of truth
    ^^ What do you say to that, SimonSays??
  • civicsi00
    civicsi00

This part of the interview with GJ disturbed me. How many times was I beaten with the belt because I wouldn't sit still as a very young child at the meetings? How many other kids suffered the same fate? GJ was lying when he said the bOrg does not encourage corporal punishment. The "rod" was always meant as a literal rod, and he knows it. Hell, the Royal Commission knows it. They were the ones who pointed out that their own Bible leads them to that verse in Proverbs! But no, GJ tries to play it off as if "rod" means some sort of metaphor for "loving discipline".

I wish my beatings had been "metaphorically" given to me. LOL

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

OH SNAP, SS!!!! DOT BURNED YOU!!! LOL!!!

DD

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

SIMONSAYS - Why is it that J.W.'s attack crystal clear truths?

As Mr. Nicholson so memorably screamed, "You can't handle the truth!"

Mr. Jackson swore on the Bible and also clearly stated that he was selected as an FDS member by the other G.B. members. So much for Christ choosing the FDS -

(Matthew 24:45) "Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time?"

And before you say the holy spirit guided the G.B., who selected Mr. Rutherford as the first FDS "in 1919"?

I didn't misrepresent any facts - I copied and pasted what Mr. Jackson stated. Think before criticising the truth.

Good reference D.O.T.!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit